Leadership and Development Supervisor
Bridge International Academies, Guangdong, China
Leadership & Development Department, Academics Group
The Leadership & Development Department is responsible for the professional development of all school staff, including teachers and school leaders. Within L&D we design the core content for all professional development sessions, including intensive residential programs of 3 days to 3 weeks, as well as ongoing professional development that may happen in person, online, or through other channels. We also have leaders in the field who engage with school leaders and teachers every day, ensuring ongoing professional development, performance management, and intensive coaching. We are always seeking effective ways of ensuring every adult in every school is supported with data-driven practices, and supported to become a leader and mentor to the children they serve. We measure our success through the learning outcomes of the children in the classroom, and overall classroom and school management strength. We are performance driven.
About the Role
Each Leadership & Development Supervisor is responsible for the professional development, including ongoing performance management of school staff. As a L&D Supervisor, you are in schools each day, providing ongoing mentorship, specific performance feedback, and on-going group and personal training. In this role, you also engage with all stakeholders of the schools under your care, including government officials, parents, and community groups as may be required. Your role is the nexus of all that we do, ensuring the implementation and results of our overall programing, integrating instructional design and technology. Using big data that provides a visibility into every day teaching practices and school management, you work with school staff to improve performance – with the goal of student performance and character development in mind – and provide feedback on core programming to our design teams.
This team is laser focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering leadership in others, is unwaveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, and is excited about creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behavior and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are: a team player, hyper-focused on results, flexible in a dynamic environment, and have fun while working hard.
What You Will Do
- Use data from multiple sources, including your own classroom observations and school management observations, quality assurance audits, and big data on school staff behavior, to lead school staff to improve their practice, with an unwavering eye to student learning and holistic development.
- Use data from multiple sources to ensure effective department management, and a safe learning environment.
- Be in schools 80% time, observing teaching, observing department management, and engaging with stakeholders, including government officials, parents, and community groups as needed.
- When observing or holding meetings, using rubrics or other documents to support structured observation and reporting.
- Support specific school events, including collaborating on programming for such events as school opening celebrations and school closing celebrations, as well as community showcases.
- Ensure school staff and students are prepared to sit in government-proctored exams, as they may occur on a termly/semester basis, and with particular attention to national examinations.
- Lead leadership & development sessions during the course of the school year, or during induction training for new staff, as may be needed.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Should Have
- Proven leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective
- Experience in mentorship and coaching of youth and adults, either inside or outside of a school setting
- Teaching experience a plus
- Belief in data-drive decision making
- Relentless focus on achievement for yourself and others
- Bias towards action
- Flexible and loves to work in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative leader with strong relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- B.S. or M.A.
- Experience working in the education or community organization sector in China
- Be fluent in Mandarin and English