Learning and Knowledge Management Specialist
CAMRIS International, Ukraine
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Learning and Knowledge Management Specialist for the upcoming USAID/Ukraine’s Monitoring and Learning Support (MEL) Activity. This will be a five-year activity to holistically assist USAID Ukraine and Belarus in its overall monitoring, and its collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2018-2023 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) with an expected start date in 2019.
- Tprogress, project performance, programmatic assumptions, and operational context; evaluating performance and impact; and learning and adapting from evidence; and
- This position is contingent upon contract award.
- versee all aspects of the Mission’s CLA activities including cross-office synergizing, collaboration across Development Objectives (DOs), engaging stakeholders, and making adaptation recommendations
- Supervise external, short-term consultants
- Provide relevant technical guidance
- Conduct and facilitate pause and reflect sessions for the Mission
- Build Mission staff capacity in MEL
- Lead consultations on CLA with relevant USAID/Ukraine staff and implementing partners
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodologies, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Assist in the development of MEL communities of practice within USAID/Ukraine and among implementing partners, and the Government of Ukraine.
- Assist USAID/Ukraine to develop and implement a learning agenda.
- Analyze and test the validity of hypotheses and assumptions embedded in strategy-level CDCS results frameworks and project level logical frameworks and theories of change.
- Plan for learning and dissemination of lessons learned for use in Ukraine, and elsewhere in the Agency.
- At least 3 years of professional experience managing a team conducting collaboration, learning, and adapting in a development context.
- A Master’s Degree in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or related fields, or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five additional years of relevant professional experience noted above may be substituted.
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity and train staff in MEL and CLA.
- Understanding of scenario planning, and the use of scenarios/trajectories in program planning and adaptation preferred.
- Ability to innovate and adapt in all aspects of design, planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, flexible, and creative.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to establish strong working elationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Evidence of open and learning-oriented management style.
- Proven success in leading highly collaborative, dynamic teams and managing change.
- Demonstrated experience in iterative, flexible, adaptive management of teams and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and design knowledge management systems to manage information and acilitate data analysis and knowledge transfer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian.