Logistics Manager (Kampala)
NRC , Uganda
NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities. We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in Hard to Reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming.
We aim to deliver the best possible service through commitment to our regional hallmarks: evidence based programming; advocating for change; cash and markets-based programming; driving innovation; collaborating with other actors for greater impact; integrating our programmes to achieve synergy and maximum efficiency; and valuing staff diversity.
The purpose of the Logistics Manager is to be ensure that the logistic set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
- Ensure that the country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Management of the logistics team
- Ensure anti-corruption focus in procedures and trainings
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure and lead change for compliance and risk management in the logistics
- Support and guide area offices in good asset management and procurement processes.
- Responsible for developing action plan with regard to comments on logistics in audits and internal audits and reports
- Ensure proper accounting, reporting and internal control systems and maintenance of records
- Lead logistics management and developing structures and staffing levels to ensure that at all time requirements are met in all offices
- Responsible for agreements with suppliers and identify areas of improvement including pre-qualified suppliers
- Supervise and build capacity of the logistics team in the country
- Provide monthly reports on all logistics activities
- Assist the logistics staff at Area Offices to ensure that relevant procedures are in place and implemented for quality control (maintenance) of vehicles; advise on improvements and supervise the implementation for current database for transport and ensure implementation of database in offices
- Ensure that vehicle and generators case files, reporting and internal control systems are kept up to NRC standards (proper fuel management system followed)
- Ensure that NRC’s system for stores and warehouse management are in place for dispatching items within the office and to the field offices
- Assist with any other duties assigned by the Country Director, as and when required
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge and skills in market assessments, analysis and cash-based interventions
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience from Eastern Africa is an asset
- Experience from cash based response is an asset
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
**Position is open to National (Uganda Citizens) and International Applicants
- Contract period: 12 months, subject to availability of funds.
- Fee: Grade 9. Attractive allowances apply
- Duty station: Kampala
- Travel: up to 50%.
***Female applicants are encouraged to apply