Manager, Leadership and Development
Bridge International Academies, United States
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
The objective of the Academics group is to drive student achievement. To do so, we must know -- what is happening minute-by-minute for the typical child. The student’s daily experience, and thus the path to achievement, emerges from their relationship with the teachers and the content that is delivered in the classroom. Our team is collaboratively organised around these levers. We develop rigorous content pitched at the right level for students to be delivered by a teacher who is prepared to succeed in the classroom. Our Instructional Design department builds the content; our Leadership & Development department trains teachers and school leaders using scientifically-proven techniques; our Learning Innovation department looks at cutting-edge research to generate breakthrough learning gains. Underpinning all of this is the work of the independent Measurement and Evaluation group, which provides Academics with an empirical orientation toward improving that daily experience and, in turn, driving achievement.
Leadership and Development
In joining the Leadership & Development team you are joining the group charged with ensuring that our frontline staff are exceptional leaders who are energized and empowered to ensure the kids in their communities and classrooms receive an excellent education. The team is laser-focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering the leadership in others, is unwaveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, are lifelong learners, get excited about creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behaviour and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are: a team player, hyper-focused on results, flexible in a dynamic environment, and have fun while working hard.
About the Role
This role is very much the engine that drives training across all Bridge territories. All content for training is planned and created by the team led by Leadership & Development Manager in charge of content design. The role is responsible for responding to understanding in-country training needs and building professional development solutions to serve the teachers and schools leaders. An important facet of this role would the cross-departmental collaboration that is needed to build content that is relevant and meaningful and effective.
What You Will Do
- Identify training needs specific to the educational context and build learning experiences for teachers and school leaders that improve their effectiveness and boost pupil learning outcomes across multiple countries.
- Institute a content design process that ensures the production pipeline of high-quality training sessions consistently.
- Create innovative learning material/media (such as trainer guides,
audio, video, slides, documents, simulations, role plays) aimed to bring about sustainable changes in classroom practices and school leadership.
- Manage the workflow effectively to respond to in-country needs on updating existing training content.
- Actively engage with subject matter experts to build learning experiences for teachers and school leaders that are aimed at accelerating student outcomes.
- Quickly synthesize, refine and develop content based on input from subject matter experts, written material, previous training courses, interviews, etc.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts. Use this learning effectively to inform learning design.
What You Should Have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in education
- 4 or more years of teaching experience. (MATCH, KIPP, Success preferred)
- Experience with teacher development i.e. designing/facilitating training sessions and coaching teachers.
- Experience of having led and managed a team
- Belief in data-driven and evidence-based decision making
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and G Suite.
- Comfort with travel - travel is a necessary part of the job in order to support our teams in-country