Save the Children , Sierra Leone
The role is to lead Save the Children Sierra Leone's MEAL processes/procedures at coordination office and support field offices where necessary. This will feed into the overall Country Office, SCI Regional and Global MEAL framework in line with the country strategic plan and global ambition. This role holder is required to take leadership in finalizing and implementation of SC's standard MEAL packages, corresponding tools and reporting requirements and build the culture of maximum utilization in country office.
The MEAL Manager will oversee the implementation of community feedback and response mechanisms for both development and humanitarian programs and lead compliance and assessment of quality benchmark. S/he will support Awards, Finance, PDQ/TAs, Internal controls, Advocacy and Operations to review and implement a compliance strategy towards donor commitments, especially in project start-ups, implementation, documentation, progress reporting and phase-outs. S/he will assume day to day leadership for the MEAL tasks for quality evidence-based programming.
S/he will provide MEAL supportive supervision in on-going project implementation. The MEAL Manager will be highly involved in project and MEAL planning and reviews, provide oversight on implementation of required MEAL actions, monitoring and evaluation processes ensuring high level of child participation in these processes in operational area.
S/he will guide SC and Partner teams in tracking outcome of projects which includes but not limited to documenting success stories/ case studies in line with project activities and expected outcomes. The MEAL Manager will build capacities of staff and partners in promoting overall MEAL culture including program quality standards, provide quality assurance for data and information (including progress reports) generated from their respective field bases.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- A degree level in Social Science - Statistics, Economics or equivalent field experience.
- Recommended a minimum of six years' management and/or MEAL experience in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than two of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, HIV/AIDs, health and nutrition, and emergencies.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning and participating in evaluations.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially ability to work with MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point , data collection and analysis software etc.
- Ability to think and analyze issues and data critically
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience in writing clear assessments and reports
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Proven capacity to train and coach staff.
- Strong knowledge in Rights based programming.
- Experience working in a hands on implementation capacity.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- High cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 30th November, 2020
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.