Medical Officer - Gatroun
CTG OverviewCTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions. Role objectives
- Conducting field visits independently to the communities, to provide medical services to IDPs, migrants and host communities.
- To provide medical cover, routine and emergency, during hours of duty or outside of working hours in case of emergency situation.
- Medical treatment and follow up for beneficiaries referred to secondary care facilities for treatment and/or investigation.
- Support the management of migration health activities as appropriate.
- Assessing the health needs of migrants and displaced population, identifying priority causes of ill-health; preparing plans to address these
- Assist in the collection of the data related to the health activities conducted by IOM in coordination with the Clinical/medical supervisor and submit the corresponding regular reports (weekly/monthly) as required by the supervisor.
- Coordinate and jointly implement the community based component of MRRM project.
- Coordinate the implementation of IOM’s Migration Health activities with UN/NGOs/INGOs partners, and assist in identifying gaps and needs related to the health of migrants in the area of coverage.
- Assist the implementation of clinical and non-clinical activities to ensure continuous provision of quality health services to IDPs, migrants and host communities.
- Ensure that quality control/quality assurance procedures are adopted and followed while providing medical care to beneficiaries up to the national and IOM global standards.
- Ensure that infection prevention and control mechanisms are in place and followed at the points of service provision
- Assist in the management of urgent medical cases in coordination with public and private health referral hospital/s.
- Assist and follow all the cases referred from the field to ensure quality management of medical conditions to best possible available services in the area.
- Assist in the development of improved systems for regular monitoring and reporting on health activities achievements, challenges/early warning system, and strategic needs.
- Assist in the coordination to organize and conduct health awareness for individuals or group of people (migrants/community)
- Ensure the confidentiality of the medical information of IOM beneficiaries.
- Undertake duty travels as required.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned. Project reporting
- Reporting to the Migration Health Officer Key competenciesUniversity degree in medicine (MD, MBChB or other) from an accredited institution; additional Degree in Public Health will be preferred;
- Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy;
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable professional experience in the domain of public health; including in the context of humanitarian situations; experience of working within the health system of Libya would be preferred;
- Experience in implementing health services for migrants, refugee and displaced persons and other vulnerable groups; including early recovery or post crisis emergency health programing would be an added advantage
- Experience of organizing community outreach medical services would be an added advantage
- Experience in coordinating and liaising with government authorities, knowledge and structures and functions of primary health care system of Libya;Team management