Messenger (Administrative Support) (Manila)
IOM , Muslim Mindanao, Philippines
Position Title: Messenger (Administrative Support)
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Manila)
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G1**
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: soon as possible
Closing Date: 12 January 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer and the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Manila, Philippines in line with IOM policies, standards, and commitments.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Accountable for routing of internal folder/inter-office envelope/checks for signature to authorized signatory.
- Responsible for routing of external document for but not limited to the embassies, hospitals, government agencies.
- Ensure that all IOM official mails are picked up from the Post office box.
- Provide support to the Medical Assistants in UK and Canada registration areas as needed to but not limited to document management (photocopying and scanning).
- Help finance assistant and cashier with petty cash requests, involving cash handling duties.
- Assist Administrative Assistant in maintaining a clean and organized office premises, checking of office, cleaning supplies when delivered.
- Process bill payments from service providers/ vendors/ suppliers/ business partners and bank transactions (transfer, deposit or in cash).
- Assist in the transport biological specimen, reagents and laboratory consumables to National Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory (NTRL) whenever necessary.
- Responsible on carrying out old OSL X-ray badges in TUV and pick up the new ones on quarterly basis.
- Assist MHC staff in various documents activity such as delivery of important document, ID renewal, Request for signatories from different managers etc.
- Responsible on all logistics – document transfer/deliveries to third party etc.
- Assist in creating excel file inventory for nurse’s medical supplies, office supplies, cleaning supplies. Prepare monthly monitoring every end of month and submit to Admin. Assistant for guidance.
- Print various documents but not limited to Canada Health Assessment Form, Gate Pass, Work Permit and Request for Aircon Extension.
- Maintain a highly confidential matters related to MHC operation and other related matters in the office.
- Purchase of various items which are sensitive in nature (purchases drawn from Petty Cash Fund).
- Perform general office duties, including scanning, photocopying, sorting, binding and filing of various files.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or certificate from an accredited academic institution with relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in international organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Expertise in this job and has worked in an international organization is an advantage.
- Good oral communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and applications.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ensure the highest degree of confidentiality of records/ documents.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and Filipino is required.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators *level 1**
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite work. The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews.