Migration Health Officer
CTG, 'Adan, Yemen
Overview of CTG:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we can act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Sana’a, the direct supervision of Head of Sub Office in Aden & the technical guidance of the Head of Migration Health Unit in Sana’a, the incumbent is responsible for leading the IOM health teams in the Southern Region of Yemen under Aden Hub for provision of health services to migrants, IDPs & host community.
- Coordinate Aden Sub Office health team provision of health services to target beneficiaries in areas of responsibility under Aden Hub (i.e. HR, medical equipment & supplies, health infrastructure, health information system), including the development of work plan for health mobile/fixed clinics & patrolling teams, development of health awareness campaigns, global health fund activities etc.
- Conduct assessments field assessment, plan & ensure the delivery of primary health care services to vulnerable migrants, IDPs & host communities in targeted areas & coordinate the referral of patients for specialized services as necessary.
- Supervise the National Program Officers to ensure quality control & quality assurance is mainstreamed in field level coordination & implementation of planned activities mainly provision of the Minimal Health Service Package (MSP) including primary health care service, Expanded Program for Immunization (EPI), outreach health promotion activities, sexual & reproductive health services (Antenatal Care, Postnatal Care, maternity & prevention of Sexually Transmitted Infections), outbreak prevention, detection & response, strengthening medical referral system & coordination mechanisms.
- Monitor & evaluate the implementation of Aden hub health unit activities, ensure systematic data collection, compilation & submit the corresponding reporting on regular basis as requested by the supervisor, ensure proper reporting by IOM supported health modalities into the Early Warning Alert & Response System (EWARS) & national surveillance system & produce & analyse regular epidemiological reports in conjunction with Supervisor. Contribute to the project proposals & reports writing for the IOM Migration Health Unit (MHU).
- Coordinate & liaise with the Ministry of Health, govt. relevant entities & other partners of the health sub national cluster & participate in health-related meetings as required on the implementation of health activities
- Coordinate with IOM implementing partners in the field, provide feedback about their performance & support them as needed.
- Oversee the financial aspect of the health project activities under Aden Hub, ensure funding management is processed as per IOM guidelines & prepare the corresponding financial reports regularly.
- Contribute to the capacity building of the health team under his/her supervision & for other stakeholders & develop the relevant training materials as required.
- Monitor the health team activities in the Migrants response Point (MRP) & provide technical support & guidance as needed.
- Liaise closely with IOM teams & other stakeholders providing Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Shelter/ Non Food Items (NFI), Protection, etc. to ensure cross cutting health issues & concerns are mainstreamed & addressed across relevant sectors.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
- This role works under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Sana’a, the direct supervision of Head of Sub Office in Aden & the technical guidance of the Head of Migration Health Unit in Sana’a.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Middle East (essential).
- A University Degree in Medicine or Public Health, from an accredited academic institution with five years of continuous professional working experience preferably in migration health, epidemiology &/or international public health.
- Experience in health information management, monitoring & reporting.
- Special training in public health, malnutrition, internal medicine or infectious diseases is an advantage.
- Proven skills in coordinating multidisciplinary teams & establishing and maintaining working relations with senior govt. officials, UN agencies, NGOs & donors, including familiarity with the humanitarian cluster system.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, direct staff & create team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability in project proposals & reports writing.
- Strong level of analytical skills & computer literacy.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic are required.
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules & standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering Results: Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner; is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & Sharing Knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2:
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision, assists others to realize & develop their potential.
- Empowering Others & Building Trust: Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
- Strategic Thinking & Vision: Works strategically to realize the organization’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
Other relevant information:To be advised.