Monitoring And Evaluation Advisor
Cuso International, Ethiopia
Location Chiro, Ethiopia
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 10 Months
Open to all nationalities outside of Ethiopia. Applicants must be eligible to obtain an entry visa and work permit for Ethiopia.
The Volunteer’s Role
Are you passionate about helping women of reproductive age and children under five years of age address malnutrition? If so, this role could be for you.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Professional to contribute to the GROW Project led by CARE.
As a Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor you will be working closely with CARE and Oda Bultum University in the GROW project to strengthen the M & E tools & systems in West Hararghe Zone (WHZ) through capacity building and system strengthening.
For the duration of your placement you will be located in the town of Chiro where you will support CARE and Oda Bultum staff as well as other volunteers.
Calling on your experience you will help develop supervision and monitoring tools, enhancing the monitoring and evaluation capacity of the GROW project implementing partners.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, apply today! Come help address undernutrition by being part of this great initiative in Ethiopia
As a volunteer, you will:
- support the review of nutrition related strategic and operational plan of WHZ Nutrition Coordinating Committee, relevant zonal sector offices, GROW project and Oda Bultum University
- provide technical support for development of appropriate nutrition related indicators
- support the development of appropriate supportive supervision and M&E tools / checklist
- Assist in the conduct of M&E activities on quarterly basis and lead the production of M&E reports
- Develop success stories and reports
- Essential Academic Qualifications:
- MSc. / MA degree in statistics, Economics, Health Informatics, International Development / social sciences, M&E processes
- Essential Professional Background:
- At least 2 years’ experience in capacity building for development program management, program monitoring and evaluation using a result-based management system and designing monitoring and evaluation systems
Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
Accommodation while in placement
Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months