Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Kidapawan)
IOM , Philippines
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (Mindanao), with administrative supervision of the Head of Satellite office (Kidapawan), and the technical supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant in Cotabato, the successful candidates will assist in monitoring and evaluation of all project activities. The incumbent will assist in the project’s compliance with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) standards, quality assurance, and IOM and donor requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Provide general support in the implementation of the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation framework.
Support in the monitoring of technical compliance and timely execution of projects vis-à-vis baselines and set targets.
Undertake regular field monitoring visits to collect quantitative and qualitative data on progress and emerging outcomes.
Support cleaning, and processing of project data to inform decision-making.
Assist in the drafting and dissemination of internal reports, including a detailed progress reports on project implementation.
Assist in the preparation of donor reports by providing detailed information on project achievements and progress against set targets.
Assist in the collection and drafting of culturally appropriate human-interest stories.
Manage the internal project database, ensuring that all relevant data on the implementation of the project are captured and organized.
Ensure that all beneficiary information gathered are in line with data protection principles.
Support field monitoring and evaluation visits in coordination with the M&E team to monitor technical compliance and timely execution of projects implemented by Implementing Partner (IP) vis-à-vis approved work plan and timelines.
Support IP staff in the application of the standardized M&E tools and provide technical guidance for their application within the project area of responsibility in coordination with the M&E team.
Perform such other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Political or Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School degree with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum four years relevant work experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, and information management.
- Experience in data analysis and report writing required.
- Proven ability to consolidate and validate information from multiple sources;
- Proven ability to work with basic presentation software, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, a must;
- Background in communications (narrative writing, case story development, etc.) is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the BARMM region.
Fluency in English and Tagalog is required. Marano, Iranun, Bisaya.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.