Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer
IRC , Kenya
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Lodwar Field Manager, and technical supervision of the Design Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer shall be responsible for the overall data collection, summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms in, Health, Nutrition, CGPP/GHS, WPE and Livelihood programs. He/she will supervise and head the M&E departments. He/she will provide the technical input and oversight to the integration and use of data management systems including COMET, ODK, KOBO and KHIS and to implement tools to facilitate data entry, transmission, and use. Key to success will be building the capacity of staff on use of the systems, data analysis and information use to improve the quality of programming. He/She shall coordinate with program managers and officers in sharing monitoring and evaluation information/results and support in preparation and dissemination of program reports and program design.
Program Design and Implementation
- Contribute to program design and development of proposal project log frame and theories of change
- Take lead in generating an M&E budget with all the resource needs for Lodwar site for fundraising.
Program Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Develop the quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee accurate management of information and data.
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log-frames.
- Support the programs in compilation, review and verification of data used for project reports (monthly, quarterly and end of project)
- Develop and lead database system for Monitoring & Evaluation and generate periodic reports to inform and guide programs.
- Continuous and frequent close monitoring / supervision of all levels of data collection from entry, filling, compiling, summarizing and giving feedback.
- Implement timely submission of data from all the collection points, including monthly planning reports for all departments.
- Develop and provide the required data collection instruments to all programs.
- Ensure a high level of communication and close working relationships with the project team, project implementers, and other key partners.
- Guide on the required data management oversight, capacity building and training, and technical assistance regularly at the field level.
- Participate actively in the implementation of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for all field program interventions
- Lead in planning for data analysis and action planning review meeting for program quality improvement
- Take lead in planning and executing program surveys/assessments and evaluations
- Support and build capacity of field based and office-based program staff and partner organizations to design and utilize M&E tools, surveys, evaluations and other M&E activities
Grant Management and compliance:
- Work with the field teams to make sure that program indicators are supervised through regular data review meetings and field visits.
- Review all reports to ensure that data provided is reliable and accurate and that target indicators are met, and explanations provided where indicators are not met;
- Ensure that programs are on track through keeping and updating indicator tracking sheets/matrix.
- Administratively and technically supervise M&E Assistant as appropriate.
Coordination, Representation and Advocacy:
- Represent IRC Kenya at inter-agency M&E coordination forums
- University degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, M&E, Public Health or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience with health information systems, database management, and technology implementation or equivalent.
- Digital literacy with possible advanced Ms word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access.
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages(EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata).
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis and data management software and methodology along with key platforms (CommCare, ONA, Power BI, KOBO and or ODK)
Required Experience & Competencies
- Good knowledge of M&E technologies, techniques, approaches and methodologies in health programs.
- Experience and understanding of health information systems design, development, roll-out, and/or use (e.g. HMIS, DHIS, EMR).
- Ability to meet deadlines with quality products. Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff).
- Excellent planning and interpersonal skills with the ability to appropriately handle and delegate work.
- Standout colleague.
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.