Monitoring Assistant GS-4
WFP , Magway, Myanmar
Under the direct supervision of Programme Associate and overall supervision by the Head of Field Office in Myitkyina Office, the incumbent will perform the following duties:-
- Liaise with cooperating partners and local authorities in the promotion of WFP activities in the project areas;
- Co-ordinate and monitor the implementation of the assistance programme at the field level, in close collaboration with the communities, cooperating partners and counterparts;
- Assist in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of WFP food distributions including data collection in the project area;
- Provide necessary basic information for the facilities of food distribution process of the project;
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, shortage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspescted to be damaged;
- Collect and collate monitoring data and assist in the reporting and database functions (COMET & SCOPE)
- Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievements and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
- Assist in all assessment activity, the information management process in support of the implementation of the programme in Field Office area.
- Assist market place monitoring system
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessment) following corporates standards and guidelines;
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities;
- Support communication and activities with local partner, agencies, NGOs and government institutions;
- Perform as a member of office committee, such as Bid Opening Committee, Market Assessment Committee, monthly commodities stock-taking, etc.
- Perform any other appropriate duties as requested by the supervisor.