Monitoring, Evaluation and Communications Officer
Voluntary Service Overseas, Nairobi, Kenya
Leading and coordinating Communications, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Reporting, thus enabling VSO Kenya to be more visible externally and measure progress and impact of its Volunteering for Development (VfD) initiatives.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, social sciences, development studies/economics, marketing or monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience and progressive responsibility working in Communications, Reporting and M&E for donor funded development programmes e.g. DFID, USAID, EU, Ford Foundation; Open Society etc
- Excellent communications and writing skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner in English and Swahili
- Experience of developing performance indicators; conducting routine monitoring of data for donor-funded projects; and conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Experience writing reports, findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluations, especially under institutional donor contracts, and
- Experience of development of knowledge management and communication strategies.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, MIS online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, STATA. Or EPINFO
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with people in different contexts;
- Self-starter with initiative and confidence to lead in their designated field – can work independently and prioritize own work load
- Experience in a ‘Development’ context/INGOs
- Experience working in education, health, livelihoods; governance or youth programmes
- Being up-to-date on Communications; Reporting; M&E trends and current debates around development effectiveness; research and evaluation methodologies;