Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager, Ethiopia
Palladium International, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orien tation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium are recruiting for a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager to to join our proposal for a team in Addis Ababa on a full-time basis to drive the effective and efficient delivery of the 4-year DFID Ethiopia Investment Advisory Facility II (EIAF2). This is a prospective opportunity, and employment will be dependent on contract award.
The primary responsibility of the MEL Manager will be to lead and oversee the development and implementation of the MEL framework, Theory of Change and logframe. The MEL Manger will also be responsible for data collection and management, DFID reporting and knowledge management.
The responsibilities of the MEL Manager include :
- Lead the development and monitoring of the MEL framework, Theory of Change and logframe
- Collate, analyse and synthesize data for reporting to DFID and other stakeholders
- Develop data collection and management tools and manage data quality
- Lead on DFID quarterly/annual report development
- Spearhead knowledge management activities including the development of a learning agenda and knowledge products
- Coordinate with independent evaluators to provide data, analysis and reports
- Significant experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning for large donor-funded projects (ideally DFID)
- Strong academic background in a relevant field, or commensurate experience
- Experience with MEL in the context of economic development, trade and investment is preferred
- Evidence collection, analysis and reporting skills in Political Economy Analysis, Adaptive Management, Problem Driven Iterative Approach preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Amharic
- Proven capability of developing quarterly reports for similar projects (e.g. DFID or USAID projects)
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organizations
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a challenging timeframe