Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
CTG, 'Adan, Yemen
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we can act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Working under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission & the technical guidance of the Program Support Unit Coordinator in Sana’a & the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office in Aden, the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be providing support to the IOM Mission in Yemen, in terms of M&E requirements in the field offices across all programs.
- Under the direction of the Program Support Unit Coordinator, work with the Head of Sub Office to establish a monitoring system for programs implemented in the field offices (Migrants Protection Assistance, Emergency, Transition & Recovery, DTM, Health) thus assist in the development & implementation of project M&E learning & feedback mechanisms within IOM Yemen’s programs.
- In coordination with the sub office oversee &/or coordinate the implementation of studies including baseline, mid line, satisfaction surveys & rapid assessments.
- In coordination with Program Managers, support the planning processes & the development of projects’-based M&E plans.
- In coordination with program staff undertake regular field/site monitoring visits to assess progress on the ground against action plans & to promote compliance to quality & program standards.
- Support the development &/or harmonization of program implementation tools, thus, support the design, operationalisation & maintenance of a project database & ensuring data quality, accuracy, consistency & completeness.
- Coordinate the collection of data & writing of projects’ periodic reports.
- Assist in updating online indicator tracking matrix's & report on program indicator achievements on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the Head of Office in developing network of liaison with local governmental offices in line with IOM implemented programs.
- Collect & caption “good’ photographs, to produce Before, During & After photo story line of the implemented activities.
- Collect, compile, draft & disseminate & share lessons learned relevant to IOM implemented activities.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
- This role will be working under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission & the technical guidance of the Program Support Unit Coordinator in Sana’a & the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office in Aden.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Middle East (essential).
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or any related field with training & minimum 3 years of practical experience relevant to the above duties.
- Knowledge of M&E methodologies i.e. both quantitative & qualitative data collection, processing & analysis.
- Relevant background in emergency programs, with experience in systematic input, output & process data were collected & used to guide programming.
- Knowledge of sampling & questionnaire design.
- Experience in designing & implementing country level M&E trainings.
- Experience working with & maintaining good relations with international, as well as counterparts & beneficiaries (e.g. International & Local NGOs & govt. representatives).
- Strong IT skills.
- Fluent in both English & Arabic.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
- Client Orientation: Works effectively well with client & stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning: Promotes continuous learning for self & others.
- Communication: Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity & Initiative: Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Leadership & Negotiation: Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Performance Management: Identify ways & implement actions to improve performance of self & others.
- Planning & Organizing: Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism: Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork: Contributes to a collegial team environment, incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness: Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Resource Mobilization: Works with internal & external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Other relevant information:
- To be advised.