National Research Team Leader (Consultant)
Save the Children, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
The objective of the consultancy:
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic National Research Team Leader to support the professional team of Evidence and Learning of Save the Children International in Cambodia to conduct COVID-19 Child Protection Assessment. We seek a professional candidate with a Doctoral degree in sociology, social work, social psychology, public health or related field in social and/or public health science, specializing in research and/or evaluation methodologies. The selected research team leader will support SCI in carrying out the whole process of this assessment. Specifically, he/she will be responsible to ensure high quality of design, carry out quantitative data processing, statistical analysis, report writing, develop an evidence to action brief (summary report), and present findings to stakeholders. You are required to have an exceptional analysis and writing skills in Khmer and English.
- Doctoral degree in sociology, social work, social psychology, public health or related field in social and/or public health science.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in quantitative research methodologies.
- Very competent in statistical report writing.
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills, including the use of STATA, SPSS, or other relevant statistical applications and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to general audience.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Khmer (Khmer typing).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong facilitation skill and team spirit.
- Strong commitment to learning and sharing knowledge and skills.
- Innovative, proactive, and be able to lead the research team with little supervision.
- Ability to travel to field for intensive fieldwork is strongly required.
- Cambodian nationality.
The Consultancy Period: September – December 2020 (maximum 20-23 days)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.