National Stabilization Officer (Hirshabelle and Galmudug)
CTG Global , Mudug, Somalia
Overview of position
Our client is recruiting a National Stabilization Officer, under the overall supervision of the RDS Program Coordinator and the direct supervision of the RDS Community Stabilization Program Manager, to support the Daryeel Program activities in Hirshabelle and Galmudug States. The successful candidate will coordinate and monitor programmatic and administrative tasks to facilitate the successful implementation of stabilization activities in SWS, in coordination with MOIFAR and relevant administrations. The candidate will be required to work directly with communities and local government officials to prioritize, oversee, and monitor stabilization activities in the region. This position will require frequent travel within HS and GM (security permitting)
- Support the Program Manager in the drafting of HS and GM stabilization concept notes and proposals to be submitted to the donor
- Support the Program Manager to manage the overall identification of new concepts and implementation of stabilization activities in HS and GM
- Provide weekly reporting and documentation of all HS and GM stabilization activities
- Coordinate stabilization activities with local community and local government partners in HS and GM
- Provide regular updates to the Program Manager on security, political and overall changing context that could potentially affect Daryeel programming in HS and GM
- Coordinate timely submission of internal and external reporting requirements
- Provide linkages between the clients RDS Management and the local government and partners in HS and GM particularly relating to stabilization
- Ensure timely submission of purchase requests for all activities and closely coordinate with the mission Resource Management Unit to make sure purchase requests, purchase orders and contracts are issued in a timely manner
- Coordinate closely with Engineers, M&E, Procurement and Finance Units to ensure timely implementation of various steps relating to the respective units within the activity cycle
- Oversee the geographic assessments of target areas in HS and GM and submission of the assessment report to Program Manager
- Manage and oversee staff working on stabilization in HS and GM activities. These include Program Monitors in newly recovered areas
- Identify and coordinate with HR on recruitment of additional field staff required and participate in the hiring process of staff
- Identify and document success, lessons learnt, challenges/bottlenecks encountered in project implementation and development by closely working with the stabilization program officer to identify feasible solutions to the challenges encountered.
- Participate in the development and adjustment of methodologies, contingency plans, approaches and standard operations procedures to respond to emerging challenges in the field through a consultative process with other relevant parties in the office.
- When needed, represent RDS/Daryeel in meetings with relevant government entities and partners and ensure collaborative cooperation with all stakeholder for effective implementation of stabilization activities across HS and GM
- Undertake travel to Daryeel target location when needed to monitor activities and meet with local partners
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
under the overall supervision of the RDS Program Coordinator and the direct supervision of the RDS Community Stabilization Program Manager, to support the Daryeel Program activities in Hirshabelle and Galmudug States.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values: all staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
This requires experience in supervising a team & coordinating with different stakeholders for the implementation of activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Relations, and Business Administration or other related fields with four years of relevant work experience; or
- Master’s degree in the above field with two years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of the socio-economic and political dynamics of Somalia; more specifically on stabilization, with a demonstrated ability to manage politically sensitive contexts
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in the field of governance and development, stabilization or program management, especially in international organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge in project design, implementation and management
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of information technology in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Previous work experience in liaising with government and local authorities, in particular HS and GM
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of government structures and current development planning in Somalia in coordinating with local and state government authorities and civil society organizations.
- Experience working on community stabilization projects
- Good writing skills
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances
- INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST UPLOAD THEIR CV AND PASSPORT COPY IN THEIR ONLINE PROFILES