Non-Communicable Disease Lead
Palladium , Beijing, China
Non-Communicable Disease Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal e mployment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking a Non-Communicable Disease Lead for Outcome 1: Prevention and management of NCDs for a Prosperity Fund health programme in China called Primary Care Response to COVID-19.
The programme is part of the Prosperity fund China Health Programme and will promote affordable, accessible and integrated healthcare services for managing COVID-19 and epidemic-potential disease, including for vulnerable groups, including ethnic minorities, remote rural populations, the older people and the socially excluded women, through three key areas at both national and local levels.
PCRC-19 will be delivered in the Sichuan, Gansu and Hubei provinces as well as in the National Level.
Reporting to: Team Leader
Duration: 1 year, full-time
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The NCD Lead will be responsible for technical oversight and leadership in relation to Outcome 1, with a focus on Strengthened prevention and management of NCDs (identified as clinical risk factors for COVID-19 and epidemic-potential disease) through primary care workforce capacity with a focus on elderly, rural and female populations. This role will involve working effectively with stakeholders both at national, provincial and county level, collaborating with the Provincial Leads as well as with Expert Health Advisors.
At a local level:
- * Provide technical expertise and oversight in relation to Outcome 1, working closely with the provincial teams against a costed workplan plan to ensure delivery on time and budget.
- * Develop training interventions to promote best practice for the prevention and management of NCDs in primary healthcare services.
- * Develop approaches to upskilling of primary healthcare professionals in healthcare centres in digital tools and systems through pilots, and results shared at regional and national level.
- * Development of a strategy for local training roll-out and sustainability of primary care healthcare practices and continued professional development developed and shared at local and national level.
- * Lead the design of a pilot of technology-assisted clinical tools integrated into primary care facilities to support the prevention and management of NCDs that present as increased clinical risk for COVID-19.
- * Develop a pilot of new approaches to community sensitisation on NCDs (including education and promotion of public health).
At a national level:
- * Report to the Project Director to ensure effective implementation of the outcome 1 activities and achievement of the programme's objectives and milestones on time and within budget;
- * Monitor implementation progress in relation to Output 1; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate;
- * Hire appropriately skilled technical experts to deliver against the programme activities related to Output 1.
- * Development and fostering of partnerships to promote UK health expertise best practice amongst Chinese government stakeholders in relation to prevention and management of NCDs in primary healthcare services.
Required Qualifications: Requirements
- * Educated to university degree level or above, preferably holding a Master’s degree and/or a M.D qualification; lack of academic background can be compensated by experience.
- * Extensive experience in working in healthcare programmes in China. Experience of working on NCD programmes in rural areas, specifically in the Hubei, Gansu or Sichuan provinces is desirable.
- * Areas of experience and expertise encouraged include: NCD prevention and control in China and globally, Primary
- * Health Care processes in China, the effect of COVID-19 on NCD prevention and control, healthcare worker training and behaviour change programmes.
- * Knowledge of global best practice in relation to NCD prevention and control.
- * Strong pre-existing relationships with the Chinese Ministry of Health and relevant health stakeholders in Sichuan and/or Gansu and Hubei provinces as well as at a National level.
- * Being both an excellent leader and team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- * Knowledge of and experience in using digital tools in relation to NCD control.
- * Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of China required.
- * Experience in community sensitization.
- * Experience working with donors on health programmes in a management role.
- * Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and in English is a must.
Chinese Nationals strongly encouraged to apply