Nurse - Zwara
CTG OverviewCTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Role objectives
Under the overall guidance of the Health Coordinator/Consultant and direct supervision of the Health Coordinator in IOM Libya, the incumbent is responsible for assisting the Health Unit in provision of comprehensive nursing care services based on identified priorities and needs outlined by the IOM Libya Health unit.
The incumbent will provide the professional assistance to the medical doctors in the context of provision of medical support and care to the migrants.
Tasks and Key responsibilities;
- Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients according to doctors’ advice and prescription.
- Assist Medical doctors during consultations and other medical procedures; like dressing, stitching or stabilizing critically ill patients.
- Conduct Regular medical visits according to the prepared plans.
- Provide Close medical care and follow up to target groups such as pregnant/lactating women, ICU cases, unaccompanied admitted critically ill patients and children less than 5 years old especially.
- Accompany the patients and provide them with the assistance during their transportation or referral to hospitals.
- Conduct triage and initial patient assessment prior to be examined by medical doctors.
- Help in development and organization of the registration system and documentation of the patients.
- Ensures patient confidentiality
- Attend scheduled program meetings as required
- Assist other project staff whenever needed
- Any other related responsibility assigned by his/her supervisor Project reporting
- Reporting to the Migration Health Officer Key competencies• Essential recognized nurse degree.
- At least 3 years of previous clinical experience at hospitals and health facilities
- Arabic speaking ,English is an advantage, and French is an asset
- Commitment, Team work, Stress management, willing to work in resources limited settingsTeam management