WHO - World Health Organization, Cairo, Egypt
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
ASU provides high quality, consistent and responsive administrative services focusing on delivering key services essential for the day-to-day operations
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Sort, collect and distribute mail and documents at regular intervals in different services of the Regional Office.
- Wrap items for dispatch, put labels, envelope documents and stamp mail for shipping.
- Assist in opening and closing of diplomatic pouches, especially on busy days. 4
- Assist in preparing facsimiles and messages, scanning documents and ensuring their dispatch by email.
- Help the mailroom to record the registered and express mail and to ensure its distribution.
- Operate photocopying and other simple office machines
- Prepare meeting rooms and meeting materials, as requested by technical unit, and timely distribute labels, name tags and stationary to participants.
- Serve as usher of authorized personnel inside WHO premises, especially during meetings held at the Regional Office.
- Report orally to the mailroom in case of a loss of documents.
- Open and close the assigned premises and maintain custody of keys. Ensure proper security of rooms content in assigned premises including evenings and weekends.
- Respond to emergencies affecting the safety of the premises and report irregularities.
- Conduct inspection and oversee the overall cleanliness of assigned premises including washrooms and coordinates with the floor cleaning personnel re appropriate action.
- Perform any other related duties to ensure the proper functioning of the service, as required by the supervisor.
- Essential: Secondary or technical or commercial school followed by an on-the-job training in equipment handling
- Essential: At least one year of experience in an office environment with similar duties.
- Desirable: Knowledge and/or experience of the United Nations System would be an asset
- Fair knowledge of mail and document sorting and distribution
- Basic knowledge of the usage of copying and reproduction equipment, facsimile and scanning machines
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with staff and visitors.
- Ability to sustain good working relations with colleagues
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Beginners knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.