Operations and HR Lead
PI Jam Foundation, Maharashtra, India
Job title: Operations and HR Lead
Reporting to: CEO
About Pi Jam Foundation
Pi Jam Foundation is a Section 8 (not-for-profit) company conceived by Teach for India Alumni
in 2017. The organization is entirely impact driven and aims to provide all students from
under-resourced schools Computing and Problem-solving skills, which are essential for them to
succeed in the 21st century workplace. Using low-cost, open source technology and a contextual
research-based curriculum coupled with innovative pedagogy, Pi Jam Foundation aims to
provide quality computer education to over 1,00,000 students across India by 2022.
Why work with us?
Pi Jam Foundation is a young and growing organization, where experimentation and creativity
is encouraged amongst everyone in the team. As a member, you would have the space and time
to nurture your own skills and passion in the process of working towards a cause. We foster a
culture where one can grow as an individual while playing a crucial role in the sustainable
expansion of the organization. As a part of Pi Jam Foundation’s award-winning program, you
will have the opportunity to contribute to India’s youth gaining an opportunity to develop into
change-makers of tomorrow.
About the role
As the Operations and HR Lead of Pi Jam Foundation, you would be responsible for the
successful management of multiple interventions across the country. This would include
exhibiting excellent organization, management, and communication skills across verticals and
lending your expertise to strengthen our programmatic and HR strategies. Having a learning
mindset is crucial, along with the ability to solve problems and ensure overall team productivity.
You would be leading Pi Jam Foundation’s vision through all your activities and be the glue that
integrates our dynamic team into coordination and efficiency.
Nurturing problem-solvers of tomorrow
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Improve the Organization’s internal processes and streamline functionality.
● Create project plans to ensure resource availability and allocation, enabling simultaneous
running of operations across different projects and location
● Enable project performance measurement by using appropriate procedures and tools.
● Have regular team-goal updates with vertical leads/others to reconcile goal development
and execution timelines.
● Actively involved in developing, executing and tracking goals for the recruiting and
● Implement policies and best practices for the organization’s HR, operational and general
● Analyze and interpret statistical information to evaluate operating results in terms of
efficiency & performance against budget.
● Have a cross-functional approach and work with all the teams in Pi Jam Foundation
Knowledge & Skills:
● Prior professional experience/background in operations/HR.
● Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to view the larger picture while having an
eye for detail.
● Ability to positively motivate others to achieve their goals and maintain processes to
● Able to take strategic decisions backed by data and analysis.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Have an in-depth understanding of the time and effort demands of a start-up.
● Willingness to problem solve and take on everyday challenges with a positive attitude.
● Be prepared to represent the organization
● Someone whose goals and ideals match Pi Jam’s organizational ethics.
● Work Experience in a corporate environment is desirable.
● A proven track record of continuously showing initiative
Location: The location will be Pune based and will involve regular travel to other cities of
operations across India.
Compensation: As per experience and fit.
To Apply: Email your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the
position, to firstname.lastname@example.org