Operations Manager (Administration Manager) - Sudan Nationals Only
CRS , Sudan
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
This is a senior administration and operations position with CRS in Sudan. You will manage and/or coordinate the following operational functions - Administration, Fleet, Facilities, and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) across different offices and locations where CRS is operating in Sudan - in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, help ensure principled compliance, proactively identify risk issues, and under supervision lead operational improvements.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Manage or coordinate operations functions – systems, processes and staffing – that meet CRS’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and support high-quality programming. Collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources.
· Coordinate Facilities and Fleet to ensure support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources.
· Work with the Heads of Offices and Administration teams across Sudan in order to ensure the efficient use and management of CP assets and rented facilities. Ensure fully compliant procurement for office supplies and asset management systems.
· Serve as the key liaison and maintain relationships with relevant external stakeholders (landlords, service providers, etc.) on assigned administrative matters and ensure required authorizations and documents are up-to-date.
· Oversee the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Manage event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops.
· Ensures a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health, and security standards (e.g., conference/meeting rooms, reception areas, etc.).
· Ensure that CRS owned vehicles are managed reducing associated risk, improving efficiency, increasing productivity and ensuring compliance with CRS internal, donor and country legal requirements;
· Coordinate and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Identify and help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material).
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming.
· Provide guidance of internal processes for approving expenses, monitoring spending, and making budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and with donor requirements.
· Coordinate compliance with agency and donor requirements and local laws and regulations through periodic systems checks, review and assessment of operations policies and procedures. Coordinate response to issues that emerge from internal and external audits and provide guidance to implement improvements.
· Help maintain the proper conditions for learning - a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Identify capacity strengthening needs and provide guidance for project teams and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. MBA is strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 10 years work experience in finance, human resources, logistics, or administration officer/support level position with progressive responsibilities.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
· Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Required Languages – Professional written and verbal Arabic and English
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities **
· Good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
· Good relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
· Management experience a plus. Experience with an NGO preferred.
· Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience preferred. Knowledge of financial reporting software a plus.
· Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, a plus.
· Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Admin Officer, Fleet Officer, Admin Assistant, ICT Officer
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Operations, CRS staff in Khartoum and field offices
External: Vendors, contracted service providers including guards and cleaners
****Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.*
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.