Private Sector Engagement Lead – West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WABiLED)
Tetra Tech , Ghana
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Private Sector Engagement Lead candidates for the USAID-funded West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WABiLED) Activity. The Private Sector Engagement Lead will provide technical expertise and guidance to facilitate collaboration and partnerships with private sector partners to jointly address objectives related to combatting wildlife trafficking; reducing deforestation, forest degradation and biodiversity loss; and reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increase carbon sequestration from improved land use.
* At least 8-10 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years of demonstrated capacity to identify and capitalize on opportunities for high-impact private sector partnerships;
*Practical knowledge and experience in market development and use of innovative financing mechanisms
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with and between government entities and the private sector;
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of strategies, policies, protocols and guidelines to facilitate private sector development;
* Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
* Advanced degree in international development, economics, business administration, law, trade and finance, policy, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred;
* Experience in West Africa strongly preferred.