Procurement and Logistics Assistant (Zamboanga)
Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Zamboanga)
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4**
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 01 February 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (Cotabato), with administrative supervision of the Head of Satellite Office and technical supervision of Sr. Procurement and Logistics Assistant (Cotabato), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for performing a range of procurement functions for the mission projects in line with IOM policies, rules and regulations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Receive Purchase Requisitions from end users.
- Coordinate Requests for Quotations, Bids Analysis Summaries; receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, evaluation of bids and proposals and coordinate contracts in full compliance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Assist in preparing procurement plan in coordination with the operations unit.
- Identify service providers, and participate in evaluations regarding vendor's performance regarding quality, prices, delivery of equipment.
- Act as a Procurement Purchase Processor in PRISM. Prepare purchase orders and ensure authorization by the relevant approvers and designated signatories.
- Update Vendors Master List and participate in supplier selection and evaluation processes.
- Follow-up on purchase order status and keep relevant requesting staff informed of estimated times of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Perform regular inventory entries of purchased assets and maintain Inventory Database in PRISM.
- Provide all necessary documentation to vendors regarding VAT and Customs Exemption and follow up. Whenever feasible ensure that mission obtains access to duty free goods/services entitlements.
- Assist in reviewing the monthly logistics reports and advise the Senior Procurement and the Head of Office where there are irregularities or areas of concern that needs follow up.
- Assist in the managing of the supply chain, according to IOM procedures, to ensure timely supply of quality goods and service to projects.
- Compile accurate and timely overall monthly reports (stock/ inventory report, asset management, and procurement tracking/plan).
- Ensure that IOM logistics procedures and processes are followed in the IOM warehouse including filing and archiving of documents.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Operations Management, Business Administration and Management or a related field from accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; Or,
- High School degree in above field with four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in management and professional experience in one or more of the procurement and logistics ancillary sectors, material control, transport and distribution management, inventory, building management and construction.
- Experience in supply chain management of which one year in any UN system or any multi-cultural organization will be an advantage;
- Experience in procurement in international and/or government process;
- Experience in using SAP system, MS office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail oriented;
- Knowledge on supply management, logistics and warehousing and product quality control.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and Filipino is required. Working knowledge of Chavacano, Tausug, Yakan is desirable.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators *level 1**
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite work. The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews.