WFP , South Sudan
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
- Research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. A University degree or Diploma is an added advantage
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English
At least 6 years of relevant work experience including Procurement and Supply chain management.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENTERING THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services (e.g., cash based, in-kind donations).
- Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.
Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and linkages with other operations (e.g., logistics).
Capability Name & Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Tendering and Contracting
Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation at WFP by collecting necessary information.
Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence
Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.
Systems & Reporting
Demonstrates strong understanding of procurement systems, Corporate operating System and tools to conduct range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making.
Ethics and Compliance
Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.