Procurement, Operations and Logistics Specialist SC9, Nay Pyi Taw
WFP , Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
The specialist will provide logistical, operational and administrative support to the PMU and MIC or RCDP activities as well as RCDP project office administration and project procurement. The specialist will:
- Liaise with procurement staff in the PMU and PIUs in all procurement activities ensuring that the relevant ADB procurement guidelines and related aspects of procurement applicable to the implementation of the project are complied with;
- Train PIU and SSP on procurement policies and procedures, monitor compliance and provide technical support as needed;
- Train CFs, LFs and TFs and PIU Procurement Administrative Staff on RCDP policies, procedures and applicable techniques and strategies for facilitating procurement by subproject teams in participating communities, monitor compliance and provide technical support as needed;
- Assist the PMU in the preparation of procurement plans, developing and maintaining an inventory of procured project assets; and in the preparation of procurement reports;
- Liaise with the Union Finance Officer and their counterparts in the PIUs so that all payments for procured goods and services are made at the soonest and within one week of delivery of these;
- Should there be systemic delays or irregularities in the release of payments, bring these matters to the attention of the PMU for urgent resolution.
- Provide and / or coordinate logistical and administrative support to all RCDP MIC and PMU activities, meeting and training events both in Nay Pyi Taw and in Project townships including coordinating travel itineraries, arranging transport and accommodation of MIC national and international experts, resource persons and participants; booking venues, printing and collection of materials, catering and providing IT support, and coordinating these with the PIU as necessary;
- In close coordination with DRD, be responsible for securing official travel authorization for MIC international experts, ADB mission team members, and other international visitors undertaking official travel to RCDP townships, as well as associated travel arrangements;
- Provide support to DRD/PMU in arranging transport, receipt, warehousing, and delivery of procured project vehicles, materials and equipment and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of these assets in coordination with the PMU and PIUs Procurement Officers;
- Ensure all operational and administrative support is provided in compliance with DRD and ADB system and procedural requirement. In particular, monitor staff travel, maintain up-to-date-travel plans and ensure safety and security protocols are followed at all times;
- Identify and facilitate general office requirements such as stationary, drinking water, refreshments, clearing services as required; and
- Arrange translation of RCDP documentation and materials as required.