Mentor Together, Karnataka, India
Mentor Together is an award-winning non-profit organization that has pioneered the youth mentoring movement in India. We provide children and youth facing adversity, empowering one-on-one relationships with mentors, that help them achieve their goals and dreams. We have worked with over 4,000 children and youth. We currently work across 5 cities and 4 rural and peri-urban populations. We are a distributed but tightly knit team of professionals and development sector enthusiasts. We value hard work, detail-oriented execution and perseverance.
Over 2018 – 2021, Mentor Together will work with over 20,000 young people through face-to-face and technology-mediated mentorships. We work with partners like Amdocs India, Cognizant India, Rosy Blue Foundation, Edelgive Foundation, Fidelity Management Research, Cisco India, and others.
Join us, as we grow our programs to reach out to more and more young adults. Learn more about us at www.mentortogether.org.
PURPOSE: The role of a Program Coordinator is to plan efficiently and work effectively with interested volunteers and select, train, monitor and support the right set of mentors with adequate skills and the right mindsets to ensure quality mentorships are facilitated which in turn would help the organisation realise its mission and vision.
EXPERIENCE: Up to 2 years of relevant social sector experience or strong related sector experience.
OVERVIEW: The Program Coordinator is a key part of our program team. This role is an introduction to program management at Mentor Together. Individuals in this role execute a project of 70 – 100 mentorship pairs, in year 1, with the support of their mentee team and the Program Manager.
- 80% Program Execution
- Build a thorough understanding of the mentoring pre and post-match processes to be able to come up with innovative and creative solutions to operational challenges if any.
- Plan and execute review meetings with mentors and mentees
- Participate in ongoing mentorship planning and support activities
- Read mentor logs and do regular check-ins with mentors
- Plan for and facilitate mentor-mentee introductions
- Participate in mentor-mentee matching
- Plan and arrange for mentor training
- Plan, conduct and transcribe at least 70 – 100 mentor interviews over the course of 1 year
- Plan & execute mentor outreach reaching out to at least 400 – 500 mentors, over different mediums – corporate partners, social media etc
- 15% Program Reporting
- Update the internal tracking sheets (weekly, fortnightly and monthly) on a timely manner to help track progress of the program on the mentor side
- Prepare monthly newsletter to share about project progress amongst team and mentor community
- 5% Inventory Management
- Manage accounts and inventory for project. This includes project accounts, stock of curriculum and resources, data records in digital and hard copy.
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Demonstrable ability to work to deadlines and manage a varied workload
- Strong people skills
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong judgement
- Reports to Senior Program Manager
- CV and covering letter
- Telephone interview
- Personal interview
If interested, please write to email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume. Please mention the title of this job clearly in your email.