Program Development and Grants Specialist, fluent in English and Filipno, based in the Philippines
Plan International , Philippines
The role of the Program Development and Grants Specialist is to successfully secure the resources required to operationalize Plan’s Country Strategic Plan. Responsibilities include: Supporting the growth of grants through innovative and compelling partnerships and project designs; harnessing and managing relationships with donors, local missions, supporting private entities, corporate foundations, and Plan offices around the world; and ensuring compliance and quality of both financial and operational requirements (including reporting) of grant-funded projects.
As the Program Development and Grants Specialist:
• You will have the opportunity to lead the project design and development of concept notes and full proposals in collaboration with various program teams within and outside of Plan International Philippines.
• You will be able to identify and develop compelling and interesting partnerships with local civil society, private sector, and government partners and coordinate the participation and role of potential partners during the proposal development process.
• You will lead the orientation of project teams and program areas (field offices) on donor requirements and monitor compliance and the quality of deliverables submitted according to donor requirements.
• You will get to engage and orient potential corporate and foundation partners on Plan’s program in the Philippines and opportunities for potential collaboration, particularly those partnerships creatively leveraging institutional strengths.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in this role you will need among other things:
- Bachelor's degree in any related field. A Master's degree is an advantage.
- Five years of professional experience, of which at least two preferably spent in a fundraising position in the development sector.
- Experience working with relevant donor agencies, and in identifying and developing fundraising opportunities.
- Has a good track record of writing project proposals and obtaining grant funding for development projects from institutions, the private sector, foundation, and other donors.
- Experience or desire to work with children and communities for child-related programs and projects would be preferred.
- Fluency in Filipino and English (written and spoken).
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred