Mentor Together, Karnataka, India
Mentor Together is an award-winning non-profit organization that has pioneered the youth mentoring movement in India. We provide children and youth facing adversity, empowering one-on-one relationships with mentors, that help them achieve their goals and dreams. We have worked with over 5,000 children and youth. We currently work across 6 cities and 4 rural and peri-urban populations. We are a distributed but tightly knit team of professionals and development sector enthusiasts. We value hard work, detail-oriented execution and perseverance.
Over 2018 – 2021, Mentor Together will work with over 20,000 young people through face-to-face and technology-mediated mentorships. We work with partners like Amdocs India, Cognizant India, Rosy Blue Foundation, Edelgive Foundation, Fidelity Management Research, Cisco India, and others.
PURPOSE: The role of Program Manager is to maintain overall integrity and coherence in the program for its successful delivery. The role requires effective co-ordination of mentor and mentee side of operations and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 4 years of relevant social sector experience or strong related sector experience, in program management and reporting.
OVERVIEW: The Program Manager has overall ownership and responsibility of a program with 100 – 150 pairs, working with 1 program coordinator and 2 mentee coordinators to ensure successful program execution.
- 30% Planning & Organising
- Create & own the project annual operational plan (Gantt chart, RACI) for a project with at least 100 – 150 pairs
- Create quarterly, monthly and weekly trackers and milestones for the annual plan
- Contribute to SOPs on mentee and mentor outreach, selection, training, matching and monitoring
- Plan for various operational activities with the team and create relevant document structures to aid in operational processes
- 40% Program Execution
- Participate in at least half of the mentor selection along with the project coordinator to ensure successful completion & intake of at least 100 – 150 mentors over the program cycle
- Deliver the full induction training (of 8 hours) to mentors selected
- Plan and execute matching of mentors and mentees across 100 – 150 pairs
- Read mentor logs and do regular check-ins with at least half of the mentors
- Prepare standardized reports for mentor reviews and deliver review sessions once for each mentor in the program cycle
- Support the team in executing a calendar of events/activities for mentors and mentees in the city during the program cycle
- 30% Program Review & Reporting
- Oversee selection for 100 – 150 mentees and mentors
- Oversee successful introduction of 100 – 150 pairs in the program cycle
- Track and report the planning of regular mentoring meetings in the program
- Create monthly reports on key project activities
- Report to the Senior Program Manager on a fortnightly and monthly basis on the status of program execution in line with program goals
- Very strong planning, organising and controlling skills
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong personnel management skills
- Demonstrable ability to work to deadlines and manage a varied workload
- Reports to Senior Program Manager.
- CV and covering letter
- Telephone interview
- Personal interview
If interested, please write to email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume. Please mention the title of this job clearly in your email.