Program Officer - Nigeria INGO Forum
iMMAP , Abuja Federal Capital Territor, Nigeria
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
With challenges around the duplication of efforts and recognizing the urgent need for effective coordination in the delivery of aid in north-east Nigeria, Nigeria INGO Forum (NIF) was born in October 2014. NIF was established in 2014 to facilitate the coordination and cooperation of humanitarian and development INGOs and between INGOs and external stakeholders including Government of Nigeria, Nigerian civil society, UN agencies, diplomatic actors, and donors.
iMMAP program in Nigeria started late 2016 and was designed to support the response to the ongoing crisis in the Northeast of the country, by strengthening the information management (IM) capacity of the responders within the different humanitarian sectors. The target beneficiaries of this program are the humanitarian partners (who are all sectors members) and the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs [UNOCHA] in its mandated inter-cluster coordination role. As of October 2020, the Nigeria INGO Forum is now hosted by iMMAP.
Description of Duties
Finance & Grant Management
• With the director, ensure compliance with donor; host agency regulations and donor standards.
• Coordinate the proposal development and reporting process and ensure timeliness and quality.
• Develop narrative and donor reports on all grants and budgets. Manage reporting deadlines, coordinate and consolidate reports as necessary from team members, ensure documents are fit for purpose and in line with donor requirement.
Membership Support Management
• Weigh the needs of members in relation to the quality of the services rendered by carrying out regular Membership Satisfaction Survey.
• Represent the Forum at designated meetings, give feedback and analysis of outcomes.
• Directly manage, coordinate and ensure relevant technical support is provided to NIF working groups (Logistics, Human Resources and Finance) with regular follow up. Provide updates at Plenary meetings.
• Provide new agencies on mission or being deployed with relevant information, including linking
them up with admin units in various INGOs for support
• Manage the application process for prospective members, present new member applications to Steering committee and welcome new members to the Forum through the induction process.
• In collaboration with the Communications Specialist, compile new and update INGO Forum information materials for new and old members, including welcome packs, welcome presentations and other visibility materials
PSEA Focal Point
• Act as the interlocutor for communication between members and the PSEA Coordinator
• Responsible for receiving SEA complaints from members in confidentiality and referring to PSEA Coordinator for investigations.
• Represent the Forum at PSEA Taskforce meetings and give feedback to the secretariat and plenary; coordinate regular PSEA report to the PSEA taskforce
• Lead PSEA discussions at the plenary and HRWG, drive further actions required at both levels.
• Coordinate capacity building programs for staff of member agencies and local NGOs on PSEA.
• Provide technical support to develop tools and evaluation system to monitor members’ capacity strengthening on PSEA.
HR and Administrative Management
• Support the recruitment process, Terms of Reference and contract drafting for consultants in close collaboration with the host agency.
• Maintain procurement, financial, and administrative systems in compliance with host agency requirements.
• Maintain all asset and non-asset record of NIF office in Abuja and Maiduguri
• Function as a focal point for all communications with INGO Forum operations, human resources and finance team at HQ and national level.
• Supervise support staff in ensuring support activities including travel and logistical arrangements for in country and international travel are provided.
• Facilitate and organize all required meetings with internal departments as well as external contacts to communicate accurate and up-to-date information as and when required.
• Bachelors or master's degree in international development studies preferred but not required;
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in working with financial, administrative and procurement systems.
• Demonstrated experience managing super busy program office setting and responding to multi-actor demands in a fast and efficient manner
• Experience working with country-level ministries and government officials.
• Knowledge of national and regional dynamics of migration and actors, and an understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
• Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Grant management experience with knowledge of the grant submission processes of major humanitarian and development donors, is an advantage
• Soft skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with good command in English required, including documenting learning, report development, writing and editing.
• Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
• Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
• Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
• Ability to work based on objectives.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. A