Educate Girls,Allahabad, Shivpuri MP&UP, Madhya Pradesh, India
Job Description – Program Officer
Designation Program Officer
Location Regional Office
Employment type Renewable fixed term contract
Report to Deputy Manager Program
Functional reportees -
Employment level Junior
Established in 2007, Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally') is holistically tackling issues at the root cause of gender inequality in India's education system that has helped to ensure over 90% enrolment and higher attendance as well as improved school infrastructure, quality of education and learning outcomes for all girls. Our comprehensive model helps communities assess their school situation, initiate action plans and empowers them to sustain positive results at the lowest cost. Educate Girls believes that if girls in the most backward gender gap districts are educated now, they will have the potential to enter the formal economy, gain employment and lift their families out of poverty. By leveraging the government's existing investment in schools, Educate Girls delivers measurable results to a large number of beneficiaries and avoids duplication or parallel delivery of services. Because of the sustainability and scalability of the model, Educate Girls has grown from a 500-school pilot project in the Pali district of Rajasthan to now serving thousands of schools, reaching millions of children in some of India's most remote areas. The non-governmental organization has a management and outreach office in Mumbai and operations in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and is committed to launching interventions in multiple new geographies across India over the coming years.
For further details about organisation please visit www.educategirls.ngo
Job Profile Overview of the role: The Program Officer is based in the regional office and is responsible for assisting in conception of program support training contents, ensuring delivery through the field program team, support the overseeing the delivery of programs in the intervention areas. S/he coordinates with program staff in respective district and performs other related administrative duties and works closely with the Deputy Manager Program for quality improvement of the training contents, program model, developing key program tools, and techniques as necessary for program implementation.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Conduct gap analysis and support in documenting the program process
• Support the review of curriculums and coordinate changes wherever required to achieve better outcomes
• Codify training content for LSE, Bal Sabha and CMM for various levels of staff and volunteers
• Utilize data from PMS and other sources to analyze quality of program implementation and provide appropriate handholding support to field teams
• Design and implement training plans for staff and volunteers
• Undertake field visits for regular monitoring and hand holding support
• Support the Deputy Manager Program and Head Office Program Team as per requirement
Preferred Education Background:
• Post-graduation degree in social work / education from a reputed institution
Preferred Work Experience:
• At least 4-6 years of experience working as support to project lead in project management and implementation for medium to large scale education projects with elements of community mobilization / people’s collectives as part of strategy
• At least 1-2 years of work experience as trainers, and supportive role in training module design and development
Preferred Skill Set:
• Proven training design and delivery skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good knowledge of program design, implementation and monitoring
• Good knowledge of national and state polices
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows Operating System including an ability to work on MSWord, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
• Proven skill in managing and analysing medium to large database and excellent demonstrated ability to use data analysis for programme intervention and course correction
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Hindi.
The candidate should be able and willing to travel up to 40-60% of the time to program areas at the state/district/village/block levels, as may be required
COMPENSATION : Up to 3.6 lpa CTC TO APPLY Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly state (1) Job Title, (2) Job Location, (3) Current Salary, (4) Expected Salary in your application. "Educate Girls is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position."