CTG, Mudug, Somalia
OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Our client has been implementing Immigration and Border Management (IBM) programmes since 2007, building the capacity of the Somali authorities in effective immigration and border management in order to promote safe and orderly migration thereby mitigating any security threats. Since 2012, our client has taken on a programme approach to ensure a clear framework of IBM and synergy amongst projects funded by different donor governments. The programme provides technical support under the five thematic focuses: 1) Legislation and policy; 2) Infrastructure and equipment; 3) Border Management Information System; 4) Inter-agency and regional collaboration; and 5) Organisational development and management.
With the growth of IBM programme, the unit responsible for these programmes seeks a proactive individual to follow through and provide technical support in implementation of the programme through reviewing implementation workplans, coordinating the procurement and finance process, in close co-ordination and collaboration with Common Office Service (COS) and Finance units and IBM staff in Nairobi, ensuring trail for the procurement process, tracking shipment and delivery, communication with the vendors, preparing payment requests and registering procurement related data for the programmes given the volume of procurement involved in IBM programme.
The IBM programme is largely and directly implemented by our client without implementing partners and most of the activities in the project will be delivered by the programme staff members assigned to the project. Interacting with multiple Somali authorities whose needs and capacities are at different stages, the programme is funded by different donor governments and requires macro- and micro-level attention to the political, security and socio-economic landscapes of Horn of Africa and Somalia.
Our client seeks a proactive candidate for an IBM Programme assistant to be based in Mogadishu and manage the day to day programmatic administrative implementation of the said project. The Programme Assistant is expected to assist with administrative implementation of IBM activities in planning and implementation
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of IBM Programme Manager, in close co-ordination with Common Office Services (COS) and Finance Units, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks.
Ensure receipt of all required documents for initiating procurement from OUR CLIENT offices in the field and Nairobi Co-ordination Office, ensuring accuracy and appropriate authorisation in accordance to the OUR CLIENT procurement policy and authorisation matrix applicable for OUR CLIENT Somalia Mission.
Process procurement-related documents such as Purchase Requisition Form (PRF) and supporting documents, Request for Quotation (RFQ), Bids Analysis Summary (BAS) as required, and between the unit and COS, ensuring preparations for releasing Purchase Order (PO); Ensure POs are timely shared with the selected vendors and their signatures obtained in co-ordination with the IBM staff in the field.
Assist shipment of goods related for programme implementation to Somalia by co-ordinating delivery between COS and the units and ensuring necessary documents for shipment, such as a packaging list and way bills.
Through co-ordination with the field offices and the unit in Nairobi, ensure documentation to confirm satisfactory delivery of goods and services. Review vendor invoices to verify compliance with Purchase Order and Goods/Service Received Notes and process payment requests in a timely manner.
Assist IBM programme staff in the field by preparing Deeds of Donation (DODs) and obtain necessary approval and signatures for all supplies donated to the primary stakeholders of the programmes.
Maintain efficient filing systems for the programme and procurement related documents for each project and update tracking of donations and financial records. Periodically inform the field offices in progress of procurement process to assist their communication with the project counterparts.
Organize the programme staff weekly review meetings and regularly update the progress review matrix
Support in development and maintenance of communication strategy, tools and systems for the unit in coordination with PM and PIU. Ensure internal and external reporting and communication materials adhere to OUR CLIENT communication policy, OUR CLIENT data protection policy, as well as the visibility guidelines of the donor governments
Contribute to development of programme work plans, in good times to ensure effective implementation of the programme activities
In coordination with the programme officer contribute to project development and design through drafting reports, concept note draft generation, drafting communication materials and attend donor/Government coordination meetings
Contribute to improvement of procurement process by identifying good practices, areas of improvement, challenges faced and recommendations for efficient delivery of planned procurement in accordance to the OUR CLIENT rules and policies, prevention of fraud and increase transparency, as well as safeguarding donations and assets purchased by programmes.
Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time in the programme unit
IBM Programme Manager
To be advised
§ Bachelor's degree in Political, Social Science or Business Administration, International Relations, Law, Labour relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
§ Diploma in the above fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
Work experience: Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Project Implementation experience.
Geographical experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in Africa (essential).
Languages: Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Master’s degree in Political, Social Science or Business Administration, International Relations, Law, Labour relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
· University degree in the above fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
· At least two years of professional work experience with United Nations Agency, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) or in the private sector in management of supplies, logistics or administration.
· Proficient in computer software: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Words, Excel and Internet Explorer). In particular, strong command of Excel is required.
• Experience in working in Somalia;
• Experience in project implementation;
• Strong IT skills, specifically hands-on experience in usage of MS Office and social media channels.
· English, Somali
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of our client (optional depending on position level)