Programme Assistant - Erbil & Mosul
Spark , Erbil, Iraq
Jobs and Perspectives (J&P) Iraq is an innovative and sustainable programme funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, and with the collaboration of Erbil Polytechnic University and University of Mosul. The main aim of the programme is to improve economic inclusion of vulnerable youth in host and refugee communities, especially women, by preparing them for the job market and employment through providing market relevant education and job placements to youth with a particular focus on young women. Our approach is based on creating a pathway for the youth journey from education to decent employment or starting and growing their own businesses.
Under direct supervision of the J&P Programme Manager for Iraq, the Programme Assistant will support the team of the Jobs and Perspective programme in the implementation and administration tasks. We are looking for someone who is flexible, self-starter, and somebody who enjoys building up things. S/he will also facilitate regular reporting activities with collecting and compiling reports for the Programme Manager’s review.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Programme Assistant is expected to support the SPARK team on administration tasks and communications; The Programme Assistant should be able to go on field visits when needed;
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Following the preparatory work for the planning and implementation of the programme and partners’ activities;
- Assist the SPARK team during major events (seminars, trainings, info sessions, workshops etc);
- Directly communicating with partners and beneficiaries;
- Ensure proper narrative reporting on the programme, and provide support with internal and external communications, articles, reporting related to the programme;
- Support in providing follow up with the partners to ensure conduct the activities in line with their activity plans;
- Support in collecting the recent reports, analysis and assessments related to labour market in Iraq;
- Support in ensuring that all project documentation (paper and electronic) is up to date and stored in an effective and confidential way;
- Any other related tasks.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor degree and a relevant discipline related to international development, with a preference for candidates with some formal experience in programme management;
- Substantial professional experience (at least 3 years) related to education and economic development in developing countries, working with multilateral, bilateral or non-governmental development organisations;
- Experience of working with affected populations, especially refugees and displaced populations;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politicized and multi-cultural settings with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills;
- Excellent in writing reports and good office skills MS office particularly Excel;
- Flexible, self-starter, someone who enjoys building up things;
- Fluent in English strong Arabic and Kurdish skills is an asset.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience up to 1300 USD gross;
- Full-time contract 40h/per week with possibility of extension based on performance and available budget
- Training opportunities.