Programme Assistants (Jordan and Lebanon)
Mosaik Education, Amman, Jordan
Today, only 1 percent of eligible refugees have access to higher education, compared to 36 percent of global youth. This limits their potential to become self reliant, integrate and contribute in their host communities and to help reconstruct their country to make it when they return home.
Mosaik Education designs with the refugee community and leverages technology to support refugees accessing university through skills, guidance and finance programmes.
As a start-up charity Mosaik Education is working at the forefront of innovation and refugee education: are seeking to bring about a systemic change that empowers a community of refugees and civic society to shape and lead education through open models, technology, participatory design and community leadership.
We are looking for two exceptionally talented and highly motivated candidates to join our growing team as Programme Assistants (1 Jordan, 1 Lebanon) to support the expansion of our guidance activities in Lebanon and Jordan. The Programme Assistants will work closely with the Programme Manager to set up, monitor and refine Mosaik’s Guidance Programme. This programme aims to support refugees to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to evaluate and access higher education opportunities, delivered in close cooperation with local community organisations and refugee-led student groups.
You will join a diverse, ambitious and talented team working to improve education opportunities for refugees. The role offers an excellent opportunity for recent graduates or junior professionals to learn and stretch themselves in a fast-moving, innovative organisation. Mosaik is also partnering and being advised by some of the world’s leading education professionals, researchers and innovators, who will become part of your team and mentors in your professional development.
- Recruiting and training of refugee students to take part in volunteer activities.
- Coordinating and providing logistical support for peer-to-peer activities, including student-led content creation and mentoring.
- Performing monitoring visits at local community centres and student activities.
- Collaboration with the Programme Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation coordinator and other stakeholders to plan and execute collection of baseline and endline data.
- Contributing to plans for future programme priorities and feed into the development of strategy.
- Bachelor’s de
- gree in a relevant discipline such as international development or education; Masters degree desirable.
- Proven ability to work independently, using your own initiative to adapt and problem solve with limited resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Experience of analysing, collating and reviewing data.
- Confident working collaboratively in a remote team.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel is required.
- Knowledge of refugees/marginalised communities and working humanitarian context.
- Fluency in Arabic and English essential.
- Right to work in Jordan or Lebanon.
Based in Lebanon or Jordan.
Part-time contract, 0.5 equivalent of £15,000 p/a (subject to local social security requirements; Mosaik does not provide health insurance); start May 2019; 6 month contract, with potential for extension.