Programme Finance Manager, Malawi
VSO , Lilongwe City, Malawi
Manage the Finance process to achieve:
- Strong internal control environment
- Efficient reporting and projections to enable robust planning
- Excellent grant management and donor reporting
- Partner management including diplomacy, assessments, controls and capacity building
- Support the Chief of Party in effectively managing the finances (including budgets) of the Country Office, ensuring accuracy and respect of the group deadlines.
- Formulate financial strategic direction and support the Chief of Party to assess implications of financial issues in the short and long term.
- Ensure the global finance policies have been adopted locally, made context-relevant and in line with Donor requirements. Issue and monitor more specific and detailed programme specific guidelines; in line with global finance policies.
Budget & Forecasting
- Run a robust planning process that involves all stakeholders resulting in an annual phased (monthly) budgets and monitor partner budgets on a quarterly basis (re-budget / forecast)
- Work with the technical teams in designing budgets and reporting forms that reflect project goals;
- Be fully conversant with all new project financial requirements of the donors. Responsible for communicating these requirements to project staff and partners and providing reporting timetables;
- Prepare sub-grant agreements and vendor contracts between VSO and partners;
- Budget preparation and monitoring, and record-keeping as required. If poor practices or serious issues are identified, such concerns are raised to the Finance Manager/Senior Project Manager for further discussion with Senior Management Team