Programme Finance Officer
Sightsavers , Liberia
Contract: Fixed Term Contract to end of 2021, possibility of extension.
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Location: Liberia Country Office, Monrovia
Sightsavers is recruiting for an experienced Finance Officer to be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the School of Integrated Eye Health Programme (SHIP) and to support the Programme Manager and Programme partners.
The SHIP project is a School Deworming and Vision Screening Programme based across a number of countries in Africa and in Cambodia. The Programme provides screening for schoolchildren for health problems such as poor vision and worm infections, and distributes spectacles and treatments where needed.
As Programme Finance Officer you will utilise your experience of providing financial management and support to programmes within an INGO. You will also manage a Project Driver.
Programme Finance Officer responsibilities include:
- Handle the day to day financial transactions of the SHIP project
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Financial monitoring and audits
- Managing logistics of procurement of supplies
- Support and strengthen the financial management, accountability and capacity building of the partners
- Review of project planning, monitoring reports and grant management reporting
- Analysis of programme delivery and grant management reporting
- Manage Project Driver
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection
- Ensure operational efficiency
As Programme Finance Officer you will have:
- Relevant professional accounting qualification or degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Experience of Programme financial management, budget and data analysis within an INGO
- Experience in financial management, programme/project management and administration
- Experience of working with Government organisations such as Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health
- Experience of Auditing
- Experience of managing a small team or another member of staff
- Experience of financial software especially SUN System
- Understanding of international development issues and a commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
This is a varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties requirements. For further information please refer to the Job Description.