Programme Manager for ZOA in Syria
ZOA , Dar'a, Syria
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and we remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Programme Manager in Syria
ZOA’s programme in Syria
The humanitarian needs in Syria are staggering with 11.9 million people in need of humanitarian assistance and 6.2 million internally displaced people. ZOA has provided emergency relief to Syrians in Syria and neighbouring countries since 2014. In 2018, ZOA became registered to operate from Damascus. ZOA works alongside local partners in Syria to implement our projects and we are also strengthening our capacity to implement projects directly. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme. We aim to continue and expand our activities in WASH, livelihoods, primary education, and emergency relief.
As a programme manager you are responsible for the realisation of project and programme goals in a Syria, in accordance with applicable internal and external preconditions and standards.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Leadership and management
- Provides leadership to staff reporting to the Programme Manager
- Responsible for all ZOA activities within programme areas in Syria;
- Participate in country wide programme and knowledge development;
- Member of country management team;
- Implementing and strategic partnership engagement at programme level.
- Development of the Programme plan for the respective programme area, with annual review of needs for changes, based on ongoing context analysis and results of annual programme review;
- Annual planning for the programme area, with the corresponding annual programme area budget, as an input to the Country Annual Plan (CAP);
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities that were approved by donors with the corresponding project budget planning;
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, support in formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Reporting - monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilisation;
- (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting;
- Annual review of progress towards programme objectives and outcomes.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme area;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures.
Ensures the design and maintenance of an effective security management system at programme level.
The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and values of ZOA.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- Three to five years field experience in a development country;
- Management experience;
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management;
- Good spoken and written command of English and Arabic.
Skills and attitude
- Result-oriented approach,
- Flexible and adaptive conduct;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Effective and appropriate communication.
- This is a non-family duty station.
- R&R regulations are applicable.