Oxfam GB, Uzbekistan
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
- Do you have country and/or regional management and leadership experience ?
- Do you have robust programme management experience/expertise especially with complex programmes?
- Do you have strong project management skills and the ability to ‘get things done’?
- If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you.
- An exciting fixed-term opportunity has come up for a programme manager with a focus on Legacy Programmes in the International Programmes Department with Oxfam Great Britain (OGB).
- As a programme manager, you will be expected to deliver high quality programme management support and leadership across Oxfam’s Legacy programmes. Your responsibilities will include;
- Acting as the organisational focal point for remaining legacy contracts which OGB holds and for these projects until their full completion and closure.
- Provide programme oversight on legacy programmes in countries and regions including:Specific monitoring and relationship management with country teams and with implementing partners as relevant.
- Conducting monitoring visits as necessary
- Monitoring and reporting on key risks and keeping various stake holders informed including PPOD management team, country teams and donors.
What we are looking for
- As a programme manager - legacies, you will be highly versatile with robust international programme management experience and a proven track record of working with a variety of programmes in different contexts.
- You must have good communication skills whilst maintaining high levels of discretion and confidentiality. You must also be able to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues. Additional languages such as French, Spanish or Arabic alongside Formal training/certification in Project management are a bonus.
- This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people with fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance chece.