PROGRAMME MANAGER (RIGHT TO EDUCATION)
Bhumi, Tamil Nadu, India
You will be in-charge of implementing sec 12(1)(c) of the Right to Education act across the state of Tamil Nadu, increasing fill rates and improving efficiency of implementation with or without official government support. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are committed to the cause of providing sustainable access to legislated rights to the underserved.
Goal: Maximise admissions from among under-privileged communities across the state of Tamil Nadu.
The coordinator will have overall strategic, operational and logistical responsibilities for the programme including identifying potential beneficiaries, volunteers, partners, government liaison and end-to-end execution of this opportunity.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Secure an MoU with the State education and other relevant departments depending on the requirement
- Set up or improvise the MIS system and use technology to ensure smooth implementation of the policy
- Lead operations in the state and ensuring
- An increase in awareness levels of communities
- An increase in the fill rate
- Improvement in efficiency of implementation
- Recruit, mobilise and engage volunteers across the state in the campaign and facilitate sustainable access to legislated rights to the underserved.
- Analyse RTE Section 12(1)(c) implementation challenges within a state and providing customised solutions by working with the government, communities, and other non-government and private organizations.
- Actively contribute through a network of partners to raise the general discourse in the country around Section 12(1)(c)
- Manage operations (Designing and conducting campaigns, setting process with government, application center management, lottery, admissions, grievance redressal etc.) within the budget allocated and ensuring that the goals are achieved with respect to number of applications and enrolments
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience in project management and in leading teams is preferable
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector / government officials would be an advantage
- Prior volunteering experience is preferable
- Applicants with at least one of the following fellowship experiences (TFI/Gandhi Fellowship/PMRDF/Acumen/Innovation Corps/Ashoka/CM Fellowship/CMGGA, etc.) will be given preference.
- Any Graduate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Go-getter, ability to strategize and implement outcome oriented programme with relevant resource teams
- well versed with principles of designing thinking, planning and execution, budget management, quality control and monitoring and evaluation
- Capable of understanding technology (product, not code) used to set up MIS system and envisioning the scope that technology can play to make the implementation smoother
- Strong analytical skill to create strategies and analyse data
- Good influencing skills, people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good verbal communication skills in Tamil would be advantageous
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is self-driven
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Willingness to travel – across the state