UN Children's Fund, Kobenhavn, Denmark
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, commitment
This temporary position is located within the Cold Chain Unit. The Unit operates under the Health and Technology Centre and is responsible for procuring cold chain equipment (CCE) and related services and ensuring an uninterrupted and sustainable supply of CCE, which comply with international quality standards. The focus is to achieve affordable prices, incorporate innovative approaches, engage in project implementation and establish partnerships and global links with health programmes. Under technical guidance of the Contracts Manager, the incumbent will provide effective services to customers (Procurement Services partners, UNICEF Country Offices, suppliers and contractors), ensuring follow up of orders once they materialize and up to the completion, payment and closure of the same. Under his/her responsibilities, the monitoring and following up of progress of project implementation and the to ensure that commitments entered into are met.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions:
- Monitors the status of Country Office programme and procurement service orders and center specific KPIs. Pro-actively follows up on placed orders and service contracts with all concerned parties, to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and deliverables. Transmits all relevant information to customers (PS partners, UNICEF CO, suppliers and contractors), including changes to planned deliveries, to facilitate invoice processing. Prepares and provides timely and regular status / monitoring reports to customers.
- Assist with management of project requirements with customers, countries, the Technical counterparts and Quality Assurance Centre to ensure completeness and appropriateness of information and overall smooth implementation. Ensures that customers’ claims/complaints are processed in collaboration with COs, SD Shipping and Quality Assurance Centres.
- Assists in monitoring supplier and contractors’ performance, product technical suitability and durability on basis of information collected from country offices and local partners. Investigates deviations in partnership with CO’s Quality Assurance Centre
- Reviews and evaluates incoming implementation reports and documentation verifying deliverables to ensure completeness and adequacy of information in invoice certification process. Adopts existing tools to link this information with related POs and service contracts ensuring project requirements and dates match with commercial engagements with suppliers.
- Proactively follows up and obtain confirmations from countries on receipt of services and supporting documents in order to record receipt in Vision (Service Entry) before instructing finance to process invoices.
- Updating of databases and management systems for use by HQ, Field Offices or Regional Offices.
- Providing inputs on performance evaluation of suppliers with respect to delivery terms and commercial acceptability.
- Maintains order filing in accordance with UNICEF guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor including secretarial functions and attending to all routine work in his/her absence, including typing of travel reports and preparation of minutes of meetings.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience.
- Fluency in English
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residency permit as an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF.
- Additional courses in Business administration, service management, business communication, commercial or technical related field.
- Experience in project management and accounting, preferably in an international/ governmental (non-profit) organization.
- Fluency in an additional UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)