Project Delegate (m/f/d) Disaster Risk Management and Livelihood intervention, Cox’s Bazar, Banglade
German Red Cross, Bangladesh
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflictsand disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / RedCrescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as tonationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the sevenFundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
The GRC is currently seeking a Project Delegate (m/f/d) to implement the cross-national project “Strengthening the resilience of host communities, refugees and displaced population through Disaster Risk Management and Livelihood intervention, and strengthening the Response capacities of the National Societies in Bangladesh and Myanmar” funded by the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ – Transitional Aid).
Project Period: 09/ 2019 – 12/2023
The project part related to Bangladesh aims at improving the living conditions and strengthening the resilience of the people from Rakhine and of the host communities. It is implemented together with the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS).
Duration: starting in November 2020 for an initial period of 12 months with possible extension
Location: Cox´s Bazar, Bangladesh
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure the implementation of the project in accordance with approved plans and budgets,including assessments, activity delivery, monitoring, financial controlling and reporting.
- Monitoring and project progress reporting according to GRC and donor requirements.
- Supervise, guide and support the local project team and facilitate knowledge sharingbetween the project teams in both countries.
- Facilitate the coordination with all relevant project partners/stakeholders (BDRCS, IFRC,
- other RCRC partners, ISCG/Cluster system, local authorities).
- Coordinate with the GRC counterpart colleagues in Myanmar .
- Upon request, support the GRC Programme Coordinator or the Head of Office in
- Bangladesh in the preparation of project proposals, and other activities of GRC (e.g.media/press activities; reporting).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the management of relief and/or recovery programs.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Working experience abroad, preferably in Asia.
- Working experience with the Red Cross / Crescent Movement.
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods and profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E.
- Working experience with BMZ projects will be an asset.
- Technical skills in the following sectors and modalities: Livelihood, DRR, Cash.
- Sound financial management, controlling and monitoring skills.
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles.
- Fluent oral and written English; German would be an asset.
- Readiness to work in remote areas and to go on assignment without partner.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and buildrelationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences.
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specificclimate and health conditions'.
- Valid driving licence.
What we offer:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC and anexpatriation allowance during your mission. The GRC will cover your accommodation in Cox’sBazar. In addition to a full insurance package the GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and
receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical checkupsand Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.