CTG Global , Somalia
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The Site Engineer provides technical assistance & expertise with reference to the construction works as well as field coordination, ensuring high quality & consistency of work, for the construction works. The Site Engineer promotes a collaborative, client focused, quality & results oriented approach in the project team.
- Plan & coordinate work activities with the PM.
- Take timely action to prevent potential delays & / or cost overruns that can be avoided.
- Report & recommend remedial actions regarding potential delays & / or cost overruns to the PM.
- Provide supervision of project work progress & quality for on time project delivery.
- Monitor contractor’s progress on the project site, including BOQ as per approved contract.
- Provide data & information about project work to PM for reporting purposes.
- Provide daily / weekly / monthly reports to the PM detailing all project matters including quality, health & safety, environmental & financial, as well as any issues relating to possible delays, cost overruns, variations & any other matter as agreed with the PM.
- As tasked by the PM, supervise construction works & administer works execution as per the contractual provisions & design specifications.
- Ensure quantity / quality control & time schedule consistency.
- Verify that works are consistent with the project technical specifications & inform promptly of eventual deviations.
- Support the overall management of works implementation to ensure constructions works are completed on time, within budget & to quality standards.
- Provide regular supervision of the project work progress & quality for on time delivery.
- Ensure the HS&E standards are adopted by the contractors.
- The effective & successful achievement of results by the Site Engineer directly impacts on achievement of the projects & consequently reinforces the visibility & image of our client as an effective service provider in project services, management & strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development & project services.
- The Site Engineer will report to the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 11 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Holder of a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, holding a Masters Degree will be desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English & Somali is essential.
- A minimum of 11 years of experience, related to building & infrastructure construction & site supervision is required.
- Work experience in post conflict / fragile environments is desirable.
- Some experience in the UN system organizations & / or a developing country is desirable.
- Experience in working with AutoCAD or any other CAD software.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.