Project Manager - Waterloo/Kailahun
Save the Children , Sierra Leone
The Manager will provide project oversight and management to the project team in Western Rural and Kailahun on planning, execution, monitoring, report writing and budget and award management in order to meet timelines and delivery of quality activities within the life of the project.
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree in development studies, social sciences or public health with at least 5 years' work experience or a postgraduate qualification with 3 years' experience in program management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5 years' Substantial experience of project management in either urban or rural locations.
- Ability to provide leadership and support to project staff working at a rural project location.
- Experience in the management of finance, logistics and administration: Broad based knowledge of field logistics including, remote communications, project administration, and control.
- Very good understanding of budget and finance management.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report-writing and consistent communications with line manager and with people whom s/he manages
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to network and advocate for children's rights to local government authorities and communities
- A working knowledge of the protection issues facing adolescents in host project communities
- An appreciation of a consultative, team approach to decision making and the ability to lead a team.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and use own initiative.
- Experience of working in challenging, areas and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel and power point presentation.
- Experience in institutional strengthening of government and or local NGOs.
- Knowledge and experience of Child Rights Programming approaches.
- An understanding of child protection issues
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 20th October, 2020
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.