Project Manager, Green Economy
Palladium, Fontvieille, Monaco
Project Manager, Green Economy
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking a Project Manager for an upcoming project in Morocco. The project will provide technical assistance alongside a green economy financing facility aimed at supporting energy efficiency, renewable energy and climate change adaptation initiatives. This facility will be aligned with Morocco’s National Sustainable Development Strategy and is to accelerate Morocco’s transition to a green economy.
The project will:
- Support participating financial institutions (PFIs) in developing a pipeline by organizing marketing activities to help build a green finance portfolio.
- Provide training to PFIs to build capacity for green investment opportunities.
- Raise awareness of investing in green technologies among Moroccan businesses.
- Increase understanding and capacity of Moroccan businesses to ensure they can select appropriate green technologies, identify reliable suppliers, and access relevant technical or financial services.
- Build online (e.g. website) and offline (e.g. locally-based Facility Consultant) knowledge platforms, tools and networks to facilitate green technology transactions.
The Project Manager will lead the development of the Facility’s green finance portfolio with projects focused on energy efficiency, renewable energy and resource efficiency. Their work will include relationship management with the donor and PFIs, overall programme and team management and designing the programme strategy.
- A proven track record of leading on the delivery of complex projects in a consulting or development context
- Extensive experience managing and delivering donor-funded initiatives in cooperation with local stakeholders and institutions
- Strong team leadership and mentoring competencies, and the ability to quickly build team spirit and drive performance
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a track record of building trusted relationships with teams, stakeholders and clients
- international technical experience in SME/corporate investments and resource efficiency investments;
- experience in managing credit lines at commercial banks;
- expertise in project implementation planning;
- international experience, including in the Middle East and North Africa region, and Persian Gulf Countries;
- fluent spoken and written English is essential;
- knowledge of French and/or Arabic would be an advantage.