AVSI , Liberia
Duty station: Jounieh with weekly missions on the field in Baalback and Rachaya districts
Reporting to: 1st Supervisor Counsellor: Head of Programs - 2nd Supervisor: Country Representative
Effectively managing the project “RE.STA. Resilienza e Stabilità sociale in 20 Municipalità libanesi, AID 10363 – AID 11712 - AID 11948”, financed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation - AICS.The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall implementation of the Cash For Work project, with specific attention to the relationships with the local and national stakeholders (Municipalities, MOSA and SDCs) and the donors (AICS). The CFW PM will also assure the implementation of the Project according to the Donor requirements and in line with AVSI mission and method. Heshe will also relate to AVSI staff at all level according to AVSI approach to leadership that keeps at the center the person, be it the beneficiary, the donor, AVSI staff andor partners, guaranteeing mutual trust and high professionality. Heshe will proactively collaborate with all functions at the local and HQ level.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The Project Manager is responsible for the whole project cycle management of all project components and particularly in charge of:
- Planning and managing the program’s resources;
- Reporting, Monitoring, Quality;
- Coordination and Reporting;
- Participating in strategic planning and project proposal writing. Contributing to develop project proposal with the current donors or others;
- Perform other duties within area of responsibility, as requested by the supervisor;
- Given the nature and function of AVSI Lebanon as AVSI Mena hub, and on request, and in case of need; to collaborate with the regional structure in Lebanon / Mena.
Master Degree in social science, economics, international relations, agricultural/general engineering, or similar fields or 3 years of field experience in addition to a non-related BA.
- Work experience:
4 years of professional experience in a similar position;
- Language Proficiency:
full proficiency Italian, French written and spoken.
Knowledge of Arabic is an added value.
Additional requirements (optional):
- Previous Management of AICS funded project;
Required skills and experiences:
- Strong coaching skills, to let the PC grow and be independent in the daily project implementation, with more strategic vision, enhancing the communication skills (internally to the project and within the livelihood department);
- Strong leadership skills towards the staff and within the livelihood department;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, in particular negotiation skills to maintain great relationship with the donor and the local stakeholders;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent organizational, administrative and management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines;