Project Manager, Investment Advisory, Ethiopia
Palladium International, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orien tation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium are recruiting for experienced Project Managers to join our proposal for a team in Addis Ababa on a full-time basis to drive the effective and efficient delivery of the 4-year DFID Ethiopia Investment Advisory Facility II (EIAF2). This is a prospective opportunity, and employment will be dependent on contract award.
We are looking for Project Managers with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Trade Logistics
- Industrial Parks
- Public Private Partnerships
- State-Owned Enterprises
- Public Investment Management
- The primary responsibilities of the Project Managers include:
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of a technical team to ensure delivery of required inputs across multiple assignments
- Serve as a liaison between the technical team and project leadership, clients and other stakeholders
- Ensure issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed, mitigated and escalated as required
- Develop and manage contracts as required. Monitor and maintain compliance and report on progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities
- Liaise with and respond to requests from clients; and create and maintain relationships
- Manage financial/cash-flow planning and monitor expenditure against budgets and forecasts
- Report monthly on the status of budgets
- Support human resource planning, recruitment and contracting. Coordinate inputs and manage resource allocation
- Ensure technical team performance management systems are in place and adhered to
- Plan, manage and ensure quality of procurement; ensuring compliance with anti-corruption regulations and due diligence processes
- Contribute to DFID reporting including technical, commercial, operational, risk and VfM reporting
- Academic qualifications in a relevant field are valued, but these can be compensated by extensive relevant experience
- Significant experience as a project or programme manager in a large organisation or dealing with a large portfolio of projects
- An understanding or interest in international development and donor clients would be an advantage
- Experience managing large and complex projects with a high-risk profile in challenging environments
- Some experience and interest of people management, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic
- Skills and Competencies
- PRINCE2 qualification or other Formal Project Management training is highly valued
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff