Project Officer- Information Management
ACTED , Sri Lanka
Community Liaison and Accountability
Managing of the CRM information desk activities in the site, including collection and review of complaints forms, referral to responsible agencies with support of Information Management Assistant, timely reporting of sensitive complaints to line manager and regular submission of all data collection forms to Information Management Assistant for data entry and analysis
Assist in creating ACTED SOP for Complaints Response Mechanism at site level in line with CFM best practices and ensuring to comply to document during daily activities
Ensuring that the CRM mechanism integrates different ways of collecting complaints and feedbacks, not only through desk, but also through formal and informal meetings with the community leaders, outreach activities etc.
Update public information boards with site management and partner information. Ensure that the information on the boards are accessible to everybody, include not literate population
Organise outreach activities for information gathering and sharing beyond information desk in coordination with Senior Site Officer, particularly for the benefit of residents with less mobility
Support the Governance and Capacity building team in the training and integration of the CFM in camp structures.
Cooperating actively with CCCM Assistance for keeping record of community governance structures and related information and for the set up and maintenance of Complaints and Response Mechanism
Supporting improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the database assistant including: identification of information gaps, design/review of tools, databases and reports, data collection oversight
Cooperating in data collection for service delivery or other purposes as needed
Cooperating with the CCCM assistant for storing soft and hard copies of project documentations (such as photos, meeting minutes, reports etc.) in compliance with ACTED and Donors procedures
Project management and reporting
Planning, Implementing and Reporting
Supporting the line manager in devising weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, particularly or information management activities
Attending regular staff coordination meetings
Excellent liaison with other Site Team Members, ensuring consistency and coordination of activities in the site
Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to the line Manager
Timely reporting on security and safety incidents, including fire, evictions, floods and any possible security hazards in the site to Site Manager
Timely submission of weekly report or other reports as requested by the line manager
Commitment to continuous learning through trainings and timely identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities, in coordination with line Manager/TC/HR Dept.
Supervise recruitment of Enumerators for Casual Labours
Transparency and Compliance
Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
Accurate record keeping of project documentation, including photos and proper filing of meeting minutes, databases, attendance sheets, assessment reports/documents, review and updating of databases etc., in soft and hard copy
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by the line Manager.
Essential qualifications and experience:
· University degree in database, computer science, computer engineering, humanities, social studies, or another relevant degree.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package, particularly Excel, and/or other data management and analysis software.
· Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
· Experience in managing database, data collection, community services, protection, distribution or registration.
· Proficiency in Arabic, both oral and written.
· Good English skills (reading and writing).
· Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
• Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
• Experience in training and capacity-building of staff; preferable in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
Essential knowledge and skills:
· Extensive knowledge of Syrian displacement context.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
· Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiatives.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
· Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
· Commitment to promoting gender equality.