Project Officer Eriks
Voluntary Service Overseas, Nairobi, Kenya
The purpose of the post is to provide leadership and management in the implementation of Access to Quality Education and Transition for C&AWDs project and contribute in realization of IE programme’s team objectives; Providing staff and volunteers’ duty of care, strengthening partnerships and programme networks, effective delivery of IE signature programme strategy and improved documentation of proven practices and knowledge sharing
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Education degree with specialisation in Special Needs or inclusive education; further qualification in development, project management or related area would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience including the formulation, implementation and review of development strategies and effective project management
- Experience in developing and implementing advocacy and campaign strategies
- Experience working with children and youth with disabilities, and their families in education or livelihood initiatives or successful work with persons with disabilities.
- Evidence of having managed Child protection and Safeguarding caseload DESIRED
- Knowledge on disability rights and inclusion practices
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Evidence of effective problem solving and organisational skills
- Evidence of professionalism and high integrity
- Evidence of openness to learning to improve own performance