Plan India, Bihar, India
Job title: Project Officer
Department: Programme Implementation
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Location: Sheikhpura, Bihar
Duration of the project: From 1st Sept’2020 to. 31st Dec’2020 (extendable)
Level Of Contact With Children: 2 – Sporadic or Occasional contact with Children
The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India’s Child Safeguarding & Gender Equality Policies.
Travel Requirements: Up to 70 % of the time mostly in the project areas, occasional travel to other locations as per the need
About Plan India
Plan India is a nationally registered not for profit organization striving to advance children’s rights and equality for girls, thus creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children and their communities. Since 1979, Plan India and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children and young people by enabling them access to protection, quality education and healthcare services, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives.
Plan India is a member of the Plan International Federation, an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is active in more than 70 countries.
Job Purpose: The position will be responsible to coordinate and manage the activities of the project on “Addressing Gender Based Vulnerabilities in Migration through Institutional Strengthening of Panchayats” in a qualitative and timely manner in three intervention blocks of Sheikhpura, as per Plan India’s program standards and processes and in compliance with the donor requirements.
Plan India is launching a pilot intervention project viz. “Addressing Gender Based Vulnerabilities in Migration through Institutional Strengthening of Panchayats”. The project will be of 24 months commencing from Sept 2020 in three blocks of Sheikhpura with the aim to enhance the role of the Panchayats in Resilience Building of Women/Young Girls thus creating an enabling environment for women/girls reducing & addressing the various vulnerabilities with them as a result of distressed migration.
The strategy of the project will be to nurture and capacitate the Panchayats as an “Institution” for empowering women/girls and in eradicating harmful practices through – (i) support in development & monitoring of village development/action plans including gender; (ii) encouraging & ensuring participation of women/girls in gram sabhas; (iii) developing resource centres at Panchayats and (iv) one stop facilitation centre for multifarious welfare entitlements.
NATURE & SCOPE: The position will be responsible for coordinate and implement the various activities through partner NGO as per the project plan. S/he will work under the guidance of the Project Coordinator in coordination with respective regional thematic/state teams, Program Strategy & Policy and Communications department to also ensure implementation of activities as per plan by the partner in the state.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supporting in development of project implementation plans and metrics in line with donor approved frameworks at the block, panchayat & village level
• Build Capacities of partner staffs & other stakeholders like community volunteers etc. to develop & implement the program
• Organize & participate in meetings/workshops/trainings at block level
• Network & linkage and relationship with block level govt. officials, PRI members, CBOs & other NGOs working at block level
• Supporting program staff in data collection and analysis for routine program monitoring & evaluation process
• Support in compiling & editing the monthly/quarterly reports to report the donor
• Support in carry out training & capacity building initiatives as per the project framework
• Support in development & Strengthening of Panchayat Resource Centres
• Any other work assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualification and Skills:
• An academic qualification of Post Graduate in Social Sciences/ Master in Social Work or equivalent
• 3+ years of relevant experience in development sector is preferred with minimum 1 years’ experience in Migration & Gender Area.
• Relevant experience of conducting and undertaking capacity building initiative with various government and non-government stakeholders including Civil Society Organisations and young groups.
• Efficient time management skill, willingness to work with tight deadline and ability to work in complex and diverse working environment.
• Well versed with computer applications, data analyses, Word Processing, Power Point Presentations.
COMPENSATION & EMPLOYMENT: Plan India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights & child protection and adherence to Safeguarding Children & Young People Policy.
How to apply
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “Project Officer” at email@example.com. Please mention “Project Officer ( Migration & Gender Program)” in the subject line. Last date for sending applications is 15th Aug 2020. Considering the volume of the application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.