Projects Officer - Operations
IRC , New York, United States
The Operations Officer will provide project management support and coordination to cross-functional projects that support the field in order to enhance operations and internal controls. The Officer for Operations will support VP Operations and the field through project management, data analysis and communications.
Projects include initiatives and activities undertaken by the VP Operations in partnership with Finance, Supply Chain, the Ethics and Compliance Unit, Internal Audit and others as needed. The Officer will also provide backup support to the department on various projects and initiatives.
The role will work across departments to leverage knowledge, support good processes and identify and make business improvements for a more efficient and effective operating environment. The role will have responsibilities for enhancing internal coordination and supporting the VP Operations with high quality communications and data analysis that enhance the visibility of issues in coherent ways.
• Lead and support project management on key workstreams and projects such as the Country Management Dashboard, audit closure, investigative recommendations follow-up, enterprise risk management for CRRD, and others.
• Liaise with key departmental members and working group leads to assure project activities are on track.
• Set up and maintain files on Teams and Box for collaborative files management.
• Draft and edit project-related documents for communications management.
• Support project administration on special projects on behalf of the VP Operations and partners as needed.
General Administration and Knowledge Management
• Liaise with departmental support focal points on issues that impact projects and operations.
• Support the VP Operations in developing effective tracking tools for activities, and regularly update different trackers.
• Coordinate closely with all the project stakeholders to update the shared Box folders with the latest templates, policies and training materials needed by staff.
• Create surveys and analyze responses for project feedback as needed.
• Backstop and support departmental coordination along with the department manager.
• University degree or equivalent work experience in a related profession
• 5+ years work experience, with a focus on project management, communications, reporting, or other related tasks, ideally with humanitarian organizations.
• Knowledge of operational support functions.
• Attention to detail and partner/team orientation to achieve results.
• Fluency in all standard PC office software such as Word, Outlook, Excel.
• Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure with professional grace.
• Experience or strong interest in operations support functions, compliance and controls.
• Strong project management skills, e.g. planning, and organizational skills; ability to manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, and work independently
• A clear communicator; flexible, proactive planning skills, organizational skills, and critical thinking skills; proven ability to problem solve and follow up appropriately on process and procedural issues; calm and resourceful, able to work under pressure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to quickly gather, synthesize and summarize data and information in a clear manner
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
• Must exercise good judgment and ability to maintain confidential information
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Position Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Position directly supervises: n/a
Works closely with: Colleagues in Operations functions, and finance and administrative colleagues in the Crisis Response Recovery and Development (CRRD) Department.